1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help! A come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JakeHas, Oct 31, 2012.

1. JakeHas

Hey everyone, so I've really been wanting to talk to my mom about my sexuality lately but I've been too scared to. I would tell her over text (cause I'm that much of a woss!) but when I said there's been something buggin me, she said we can talk face to face tomorrow... I've only done on face-to-face and I was a total breakdown! I don't know how I'm going to say this to my own mother! I'm freaked out at the moment and have NO IDEA how I'm going to do this! Please, I would love some support/advice at this point. :/
    :help::tears:

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well first of all have you decided that you are completely ready to come out to her yet?

3. JakeHas

Of course, I've been wanting to talk to her about it for a long time. I'm just scared to do it! I have no idea about how I can approach and what to tell her. Now that I have told her I wanted to talk about something and we're meeting, there's no backing out. I just look for advice at this point and some helpful support if possible.

4. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

ok. Jake, take a deep breath and hold it for a few seconds, then let it out slowly. Do this over and over again until you feel yourself calming down.

Believe it or not, the wait and the anticipation is worse then the conversation.

Just remember she loves you and no matter what I believe she will still love you after you tell her.

If you need to write it all down, then when you talk to her you can read it, it may make it easier.

When I told my mom, she said she always knew something was different about me, but not what. She said as long as I was happy, she would be happy for me.

Just take your time talking to her, there is no rush.

Sending lots of ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) your way :slight_smile: