1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I feel bad?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ItsAllConfusing, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ItsAllConfusing

So where do I begin.... About a month ago the guy I was talking to and hanging out with almost every day told me he met someone else. A couple days later I found out the other guy was actually someone I knew, sort of a friend of a friend. Well 2 days ago the friend of a friend was chatting with me online, and he told me they broke up. Inside I felt ecstatic, and I know that may be wrong, but I still really like who he broke up with. Well here is where I may have been a bad friend, because I hung out with his ex last night. We didn't do anything and sort of made it clear that we were just hanging out as friends, but I could tell he still had at least some feelings left for me. And I definitely still have feelings for him. I don't know if that makes me a really bad friend or not. I mean, I was originally talking to this guy first, and he swooped in, even though he didn't know he was doing it, and started dating him. Does hanging out with him and most likely continuing to hang out with him and see if anything happens make me a horrible friend??

2. BudderMC

You had something (sorta) going with this guy before, his other relationship failed, and you don't sound that too close to the other friend.

I personally wouldn't feel that bad about dating him. As for an appropriate time, I think that's largely up to how comfortable you and the guy are. Worrying so much about something relatively trivial is just grounds for drama, IMO.