1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I tell people iam a bio/Lesbian if I cant say it to myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Maxi, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Maxi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey to all

How do I get out of my little box if Iam to scard to say Iam BIO/LESBIAN to myself.

Will people look at me in a diverent way even if Iam still the same,but just playing for the other team.

Will I even be the same after I said it or will every thing come crumbeling down?

I dont know what to do...

Any help??

2. scanner007

How do you tell people you're gay/les/bi if you can't say it to yourself?
    The answer is you can't.
    Admitting it to yourself is the first step. For me it took years, and then more years before I was comfortable enough to say it out loud to someone else. For me, it was a gradual process with many months/years between each step. Now that I'm out, my only regret is all the years it took me to really come out, to stand up to the fear.
    It seems like we always imagine the worst case scenario, then insist to ourselves that its the only possible outcome.
    For me, I was such a good liar, even my closest friends of ten years had no idea, they were truly shocked when I finally told them. But they were my friends, they cared about me, they accepted me.
    Looking back, I sometimes feel almost ashamed I lived in fear for so many years, I hate that fear got the best of me, so unhappy. I missed out on so much.
    So my advice is, get out of that looming shadow of self-loathing and imagining the worst in other people and give them a chance to surprise you. You are who you are and you will always be you. It may not always be easy, but being honest about that will enrich your relationships with friends and family around you. Everyone wants to be loved, for every one person who may not accept you, ten others will...thats darn near a statistical fact.

3. Maxi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanx

I came out to my boyfrend and he accepted it and is very supportive....

I think Ill take it one step one day at a time .......

untill i can be the person I Iam

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One trick I read somewhere is to write it on a post-it note or piece of paper, and stick it on your bathroom mirror (write I am bisexual and I'm ok with it, and I accept myself, whatever form you think is most appropriate to your situation). Then every day spend a few minutes looking at yourself and the note, at first maybe just reading the words in your mind, then reading and silently moving your lips to say them, then start saying them over and over until it feels ok, until it feels as natural as saying your name or something else you do without having to think about it. And congrats on telling the bf.