1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety getting better...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lewis, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Lewis

Has anyone else found that as the more people you come out to, the lesser your anxiety becomes? I have pretty severe anxiety, I struggle to go to a store and buy something, speak in public and meet new people - lately this has reduced a lot. I don't know whether this is intrinsically linked or not, but I feel it is.

I've never been medicated or seen a doctor (due to anxiety stopping me), but it's pretty evident when I shake when speaking to people, I feel sick and have had to walk out of class due to fear of having to speak in front of a class.

Who knows, maybe it's in my head, but either way I am getting a lot more confident. :slight_smile:

2. Very Confused

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used to have the same problem but then thought about why I was anxious, I worried about every decision I made and thought that my parents would be angry. I realised that there is nothing wrong with my sexuality, while most of already know it inwardly we just have to understand it outwardly, I do not mean by telling everyone but knowing that you and you're thoughts are completely normal, and that you have nothing to be scared of. It more lack of confidence than anxiety.

3. Koan

Koan Guest

Hmmm... your post made me wonder, how much shame about my sexuality was the root cause of many of the problems I have had with social phobia and depressions earlier in my life.

Food for thoughts.