1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my now ex boyfriend is Bisexual?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hail1989, Nov 2, 2012.

1. hail1989

hail1989 Guest

So, my boyfriend of nearly three years broke up with me a couple of weeks ago and then the next day he came out to me as Bisexual. I am a pretty sexually open person and generally accepting so it doesn't bother me in that kind of way. He explained to me that he needs time and space to get his bearing and figure himself out and explore this side of him that he was repressing for so long (he said since he was about 12 years old and he is now 23). I understand and respect his decisions and needs, but I am having a really hard time letting him go. We've been in love for so long and I thought we were going to be forever. We had talked about getting married eventually and just a future. I don't know how he can just not want this anymore. I thought I made him happy and he says I did and that this isn't anything I did, but I am not sure I believe him. I feel like our entire relationship didn't mean anything if he could just throw it all away now.
    I came home from university to visit him last weekend and we spent the weekend together, and we were like our old couple selves. We kissed and held hands and had sex, and it was great but it didn't fix anything and we are still talking but I just can't seem to let go and move on. I want to be there for him in anyway he needs, but a part of me is desperate to have him back. I just don't know what to do. I know that I've always had bi-sexual thoughts and urges but I've never acted on them, and I have always found other women attractive and sexy. But like I said I haven't acted on them, so I don't really understand what to do.

2. FollowtheFreeman

From what I understand he just needs time to truly accept himself. If he's been repressing his own sexuality for almost a decade, that is a lot of stress and confusion to be bottled up. Like most people who accept their sexuality they need time alone to think things over.

Give him a little bit and then talk to him and be there for him. That's the best advice I can give.

3. lwright87

Leave that one alone... I am sure you are better than that