1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to co-workers a new start

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LordLink, Nov 3, 2012.

1. LordLink

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1st a little about me. 20 year old male, gay, sisters bi, families fine with it, still getting comfortable with the fact I'm gay.

So its my 21st birthday this month and my co-workers are throwing a party for me. I've told one of them and knew they just really wouldn't care. Easy but a little dissapointing after creating all the hype in my head. I'm thinking about telling all my co-workers at once at the party. I don't want to make it the biggest deal but i want it known so I don''t haft to act straight and be fully Honest with people.
    I know not everyone in the world will be comfortable with fact I'm gay, but part of life is dealing with people and if I'm to scared to tell people who I am, that I'm gay, I'll never truly be happy with myself.

Is coming out to your co-workers a good idea?
    How should I approach this subject?

Essentualy after this big step I would feel comfortalbe adressing people the first chance I get (Do you have a girlfreind? No Acutally I'm gay.) not just bomb it on them.

2. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Well, I would think it depends on what you do for a living. But I think it would be good to tell them, however, I don't know if at your party is a good idea. You know them best so it's up to you. I wouldn't really know how to tell them if it was me. Good luck! I hope it works out as you hope! :slight_smile:

3. LordLink

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I;m just a dishwasher. Really I could just get another job and it would be like a reset button. But I want to be able to tell everyone at once (at the party) so i dont have to deal with "Are you really gay?" aftermath.

4. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Ah I see. Well then maybe that's the way to go. Are you ready for it?

5. LordLink

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As ready as I can be. I've put my mind through many different worst case scenarios so i really don't think there's anything anyone can do/say that would really hurt me. I just want it to stop being such a big deal in my brain, and it seems no one else could really care. I see it playing out as "Excuse me, everyone? I have an announcement, I'm gay." and just getting blank stares and maybe someone saying "Thats it?" Still seems awkward to me though.