1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight and Confused......

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KarmaWolf, Nov 3, 2012.

1. KarmaWolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm new and this is my first post but here goes....

I'm almost 25 and I'm straight, I've always been interested in guys and dated guys, I'm even (unhappily) married. (the unhappiness is due to his inability to grow up, get a job, and be an adult)

I'm in love with a great friend of mine.

I originally met her online on one of those stupid random online games I was playing at the time. I originally thought she was a guy and I had a big crush on "him" for awhile (about a year) then one day she finally told me she was a girl who identified as a guy and i was fine with that (I think she expected me to stop being her friend) but i backed off on my feelings and my flirting for awhile but we continued to play games together and talk every day (every day for 6 years now) and I realize that I don't care if she's a guy or a girl. I love her. Neither of us play those online games anymore but we still talk every day usually all day long.

We talk on the phone, text, chat online. We even have thought about meeting up sometime and hanging out. My husband knows we talk and nothing sexual ever happens when we talk online or chat on the phone. (just want to clarify that i'm not cheating on my husband)

I had a huge crush on him when i thought he was a boy but I backed off a bit when he told me he was really a she. I backed off because I wasn't sure how I felt about that so I took a step back so I could analyse it i guess. This all happened way before I got married but fairly recently I decided that I don't care if "She" stays a girl or gets a sex change and becomes a boy.(which he's expressed interest in) I love him.

I have never had feelings for another girl, ever. This confuses me a little but I'm mostly worried about acting on these feelings and my family's reaction to it. (after the divorce that will most likley be happening in the near future, for unrelated reasons)

Any advice? Sorry this is so long.

2. PurpleCrab

I read it all and wow.. I understand how you can be troubled by the situation.
    As you ask for advice I would suggest that you keep things as they are with your "friend" and see through this divorce thing first. Don't let that other person affect your decisions when it comes between you and your husband because if your friend doesn't stay, you may feel regretful.

Once you're through, single and peaceful again, you can fully consider a relationship with what is called a transgender man.

For now the best idea would be to not rush things though!

3. Elizabeth101

Well im not a very experienced person but i just want to say.Think of what makes you happy :slight_smile: