1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I do it today?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zach12345, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Zach12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So me and my friends are going to the park by my house today and I thought hey I'll finally come out to all them but idk I'm have doubts now on if I should I dot know if I can trust some of them enough but then I think I can. so idk it seems like the right time to do it

2. L Drigo

If it feels like the right time, then you should do it. But only if you're comfortable doing it! I had this movie day thing at my place where I was going to tell all my friends but I couldn't do it in the end. It felt right, but I just couldn't say it.

I'm out now, but I found it a lot easier to tell people one by one. Like you, I was having doubts about which friends I could trust with it. But all of my friends, even my acquaintances and straight friends who I thought would turn on me, accept me and are still friends with me.

The important thing to remember is that this won't be the only opportunity to do it. And if you can't do it, that's absolutely fine (it's not like they make it easy). But like I said, if it feels right, then by all means, go for it! Good luck dude! :grin:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If you have doubts, or are unsure as to whether you can trust them all of your friends, why not come out to your friends individually? Coming out to your friends one by one, might make it easier on you as well.

On the other hand, if you feel reasonably comfortable and feel it is the right time, maybe give it a try. If you find yourself, backing away from it or, not coming out at all in the end, that's okay too.

Whatever you decide, hope it goes well for you! Good luck!

4. AlexisAnne

I agree with what's been said by Mirko and L Drigo. First of all, if it feels right to you, then you should start telling them. If you're worried, as you say, about being unsure trusting all of your friends, then the one by one approach might work much better for you. I've done both, coming out with my orientation and my gender separately, and while it was nice to get this across to six people at once, it was extremely stressful :slight_smile: I found myself much less worried, and more able to discuss what it meant, when I came out to people individually.

Good luck!