1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I just die?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Elizabeth101, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Elizabeth101

Im not afraid of death anymore though getting in EC has made me feel "relaxed" i just want to die though i feel theres no reason for me to be dead i feel the same way about being alive.My dad and my mom would never accept me as i am, my dad would get angry my mom would repeat to herself "its just a phase" and my sister would feel digusted its realy lonely and i just want to die to get over with life I think theres no hope for me to be "Me" its depressing and giving up would be so easy so the only reason im alive and writing this right now is cause my Best friend needs help and i thought maybe looking for support wouldnt be so bad .... atleast i can be "Me" here

2. toms7

you are so sweet i know how you feel but you must focus on something else now well ! life is nto only sex you will be whatever you want n dont worry about others opinion! just watch to go on in your life n dont worry about it ! people that love you will accept you even hard they will ! dont excpect them to say its ok ! they will say stuff it will take time oatience pls! ^^

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I'm glad that EC made you feel more relaxed and that it is a place where you feel you can be yourself. Even though things might not look so bright at the moment, when it comes to your family's acceptance of you, things might change. Parents and siblings often times do come around and become accepting and supportive.

It might take time, and you might have to wait a bit, in particular if you are financially reliant on your parents, but there will a day come where you can start being yourself around your family.

What I would suggest is that you start building your support network, and making sure that it is a strong support network that you can rely on. It could make thins easier for you. Your support network can include friends, a counselor, teachers, LGBT support groups, etc.. Give it a thought as to how you could start building that support network.

(*hug*)

4. nothingtodohere

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are soooo young, only 17. There's a full life ahead of you. I may not know what you're going through and I may not be able to relate, but I had a lot of self hate when I was younger, which fully regret now(stupid me). Now that I'm 24, I've met so many great people(not exactly life long friends, but people who made me enjoy the journey along the way), I realized, there is so much that I want to do, places I want to see(which I'm able to do now, travel with money that I earn) and people I want to meet and learn from.
    Study HARD and get a good job, that's really your only ticket to freedom. Your sexuality isn't everything(sorry for the lack of compassion here), whether your family accepts you or not isn't gonna get you to a good college and its not gonna earn you your money and independence.
    Don't rush and take time...

Sorry, if I'm not helpful, just being practical.

-over and out!

5. Elizabeth101

I know :frowning2: ill just wait ... living with problems can be so tiring. :frowning2: thanks for your support I appreciate it

6. JohnJohn2

Elizabeth, hold on, don't give up!

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Things have a way of working out, even though it might not seem like it at the moment. Do you have anyone in your life at the moment that you could talk to? (*hug*)

8. jimL

Its easy to know why you feel this way because I have been there. But you have so much to live for, It may seen hopeless but give it time and things will get better. I promise! It has for me and it will for you. Sometimes people will surprise you with how they will react. I have been very surprised at how many people acepted me with open arms that I thought would never talk to me again after they found out. Give it time............

9. Elizabeth101

Umm right now i only have EC no one else to talk to Mirko. Thanks Jim that made me feel better :slight_smile:

10. MixedNutz

Agree with all, I've felt the same way, but you never know what the future has for you. It feels over whelming right now, but things change. Everyday.

Don't sell yourself short, you seem sweet, strong, and loving. Between friends your able to find and EC you can find a support group that accepts you as you are.

11. Very Confused

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't kill yourself, being, or thinking, that close people will abuse you is common, some families may find it a shock but nearly everyone comes to terms and can even come to accept it as totally normal in their environment. We aren't living in the 60's any more.

12. TheSeeker

Eventually your parents will have to choose between hanging onto their beliefs or having a relationship with their daughter... 9/10 times parents will come around, because they are your family and they love you. The truth is, if you're gay, you're gay. There is nothing you can do to change that, and accepting that and coming out to yourself (and others) is something you do for you, not anybody else. After all, this effects you, and nobody else. You have only one life to live, and don't live it for anyone else! You deserve the chance to live, laugh, and love like everyone else! Gay is just another shade of humanity; welcome to the fold and stay strong!

We are all rooting for you,

-The Seeker

13. Elizabeth101

Thanks everyone.Seeker you said exactly the words i needed to hear i even feel like coming out right now but ill wait for the best moment.I actually feel alive right now maybe I exagerate a lot but i guess thats just the way i am and ummm I was actually gonna kill myself at school but i feel normal now like ... well I dont know what to say. EC saved my life

14. Very Confused

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have to say, as an individual, I am amazed and gladdened by the power and support that can be found in this community, which has changed so many people's lives for better.

15. TheSeeker

Wow, I am happy you are happy! I hope that you continue to do well, and ask us anything. What makes EC unique is that nearly all of us are in some phase of the coming out process. I am out to everyone but my parents, but two weeks ago, nobody knew but me! Take care of yourself and come out in your own time... You have much to do and a lot of time to do it!

16. Emberblaze

You live life for yourself, not for anyone else. If they don't accept it (excuse my tone) but then forget them. I know that may be awful advice, but don't let anyone's opinion about you get you down.

You keep living and you'll find people that will remind you just why you have a reason to live.