1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had a dream last night...but I'm not happy about it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JustRyanandMe, Nov 3, 2012.

1. So...last night I had a dream about Ryan...:icon_redf

We were at some homecoming dance, and the Slow Dance came up. I was sitting on the side, and my friend Ryan came up and asked how I was doing. I said I was fine, and I asked if he was going to go dance now. He said no not really. I said me too. We just sat there for awhile, and..well...a few minutes went by and he stood up and held out his hand, and I was like "Ryan? Really?" and he shook his head a Yes, I grabbed his hand, and we started dancing together :kiss:like everyone else. No one really seemed to care, and my sister (in the dream) was with a guy she liked, and she said to him "Don't cry...it'll make you look like a girl." She was OK with it, and everyone else was too. I was having a great time and we both were happy. And we kissed,too:kiss:..however...

Whenevr I think about the dream, I feel so uneasy and naucious. :icon_sad:Also whenevr I even think about him...even though I love him to death...I always feel, like, upset and depressed. It's like, whenever I think about Ryan, I feel so happy and free, but at the same time I feel upset and unhappy. I can't seem to explain my mixed feelings about this. Can anyone help me with my confusing emotions?

Note: For some reason I remember that one scene in Ugly Betty episode "Past Presents Future" S4 Ep.19 and my dream was EXTREMELY similar.

2. nwonderlad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let me start by saying that it's amazing you can remember the dream in such amazing details :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Second, you are so sweet! :O
    Anyway, why would you define them as "confusing emotions"? It's just one and it's not confusing, love. Now, I don't know how old you are, but from what I read, you must either have a massively huge crush on Ryan or you're deeply in love with him, and that would be so romantic :3

Could you please explain, as I don't know, what's your current relationship with him? :slight_smile: x

3. jvn95

I have really vivid dreams like you too :slight_smile:

Your feelings don't seem all that confusing to me when I read them. It's called being in love, I feel very similar to you when I think about the guy that I love.
    Sad, depressed, upset, lost, happy, liberated, warm, caring, protective, etc.

When you care about someone so much, and they don't return it (I assume that is your case, feel free to correct me) it makes you feel upset but you still love them, so they make you happy, almost at the same time. Those contradictory feelings can be confusing, and even frustrating.

Your dream sounds awesome, can I have it? :wink:

4. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with nwonderlad and jvn95; that's not that confusing. You're more than likely in love. I think all of us are have those conflicting feelings when we think about someone who doesn't return our feelings. The person I love... Well, I have fantasies about us doing some of the most romantic things ever, and then I get so frustrated and angry because he most likely won't reciprocate my feelings.

Just don't worry about it. These are completely normal emotions that you go through when you're in love.

#4 Tails Luver, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  5. Well...we are currently best friends. We have been best friends for about...3 months and 5 days. I consider he and I to be closer out of my friends, as we always sit next to each other at lunch, and we talk the most to each other rather than the others. We've actually talked about our sexuality (between me, him, and Drew + Jack + Garrett). He says he's straight, though he never really talks about girls all that much. I've already came out to him and the Drew + Jack, (I'll tell Garrett later) and he's totally cool with it, but I have no clue what he'll say once I'll tell him next year around Oct.11 (Nat. Coming Out Day). Any advice?

6. kingdominth4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't tell how it is going togo since your relationship id relatively new, hopefully it will go well and I think his acceptance of your sexuality is +5 good sign. If you want your relationship to be more than a friendship the next part can be a little tricky, because you would have to tell him how you feel, and not everyone takes it the same way. I just hope ot doesn't end up like my relationship where the guy gets wierded out rejects you, outs you, then ignores you. Just be careful and if it does not work out PLEASE,PLEASE KNOW THAT IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. Although rejects hurts so good there is always another "Ryan" somewhere else with his own name and personality. So don't fret if it doesn't work out this is like .. what your first major crush? pssh please better guys out there. But anyways best of luck to you. I hope it works out and I hope you can be happy, because it really pays to be.

7. Jameson

Dreams are dreams, and that's all there is to really say about them. I've had countless dreams about kissing, hugging, and interacting with my crushes, and I always wake up a little bummed out.

I don't think you're feelings are not confusing what-so-ever. Everybody ever will go through them, as do I. They are the joyous feelings from your crush, and then the upset feelings that arise from doubt and worry that he, Ryan, may not like you back.
    I'm guessing that these dreams everybody has are a way to blot out all the doubt and bring about all the raw hope. But then again, I'm not a psycho-analyst, so just think about what I said, don't take anything for fact :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Upon waking up, you realize that your encounter with Ryan did not exist, so you probably feel sad because it was not real. You probably get the same sadness when you wake up from a dream involving you playing that video-game you really totally want that has yet to hit shelves, or waking up from a dream about going traveling to great locations.

However, when you have a nightmare you wake up relieved and happy. Say you have a dream where Ryan disowns you and calls you a slew of homophobic things. You'll wake up later saying "Thank God! It was a dream!"

So, yeah. In a nutshell, these emotions/dreams are not confusing, and many people, like everyone, has them. These dreams are manifested by our daily lives; our hopes, doubts, worries, etc.

I hope I helped! I'm pretty new here, and I don't know much about you or Ryan, but I hope he turns out to be a good friend or perhaps more :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, I just watched this episode today with my mom. I LOVE that scene in Ugly Betty. <3
    Not very good at dream interpretation but I wish you luck in figuring it out. (*hug*)