1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed Signals?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Toaddy, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Toaddy

I've come out to some of my family members and only one of my friends. I never saw the need to, until i met a beautiful girl with an amazing personality that i really connected with. The only problem is that i don't know whether or not i should make the first move. She's never came out and told me that she was a lesbian or bisexual, but she keeps flirting with me and i don't know what to make of it. How should i proceed?

2. nwonderlad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you explain in which way she keeps flirting with you please? It would make it easier for me to understand the situation :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: x

3. Toaddy

She touches my arm a lot and smiles at me for random reasons. When we're in class she turns around and talks to me all hour about random things i don't even know about. When we're talking on Facebook or texting she calls me cute names and whatnot. When i flirt back she shows no hesitation and when i talk about my sexual orientation she flirts even more.

4. nwonderlad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She is obviously either lesbian or bi, go for it, trying doesn't cost you anything, does it? :slight_smile: Either way, if it goes well, you get in a relationship (at least, I hope), if it goes bad, you learnt a lesson anyway, which is... I dunno really, that's up to you to get it :\ x

5. Toaddy

Well, at the moment she's one of my closest friends. She's accepting and loves everyone. But if i just start hitting on her and flirting more than usual she might get weired out.

6. nwonderlad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh well, if she is one of your closest friends... Uhm, don't rush into things, and don't expect too much, you might end up getting hurt. However, you surely have to give it time and see how it goes. Said so, I wish you the best of luck! :3 x

7. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I think you should take things slow. One of my biggest regrets was dating my best friend. Things are good between us now, but they were many times when we weren't on speaking terms. First, find out if she's genuinely flirting with you and not just for your attention. A lot of straight girls flirt with women, however, your friend is making physical contact. I think she may like you, but there's only one way of finding out. Ask her! I hope it goes well c: