1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im afraid to mess it up

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kylegf2011, Nov 3, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So there´s a guy I met on the school bus, I´ve been seeing him at school, and on the bus, and talking. I know he´s gay because it says on fb. He invited me once to a party and I couldn´t go, I invited him to another and he couldn´t either, he did apologize and said we should do something another day. The thing is, Im just scared to mess it up, I don´t know what type of thing we should do?? Im afraid that he might think Im lame, or something. He seems to be much cooler than me :icon_redf

What should I do?? :help:

2. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    Just be yourself, and try get to know him better and grow a friendship with him. Don't rush things, let them kinda fall into place. I think it's really cool that you've got a guy that sparks ur interest.
    Good luck!

3. jimL

I agree with DJnay. just be yourself. Invite him to do something that you like to do. Go for a hike, bowling, out for coffee, whatever. Just make the move and have fun with it. Yes, be yourself.

4. nwonderlad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with above comments about being yourself, always!
    I would like to add that there are so many things you could do together without rushing into the 'love' part and yet getting in that "more-than-friends" zone, do you know what I mean? I don't personally know you, so I don't know what you may like or not, but try to do something within a group of people at first and then something just you and him, like... Cinema, I dunno, whatever you both guys like to do :slight_smile: If you could explain better what's the current relationship between the two of you and what you guys like to do, it would be easier for me to come out with better suggestions :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: x

5. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We met a few weeks ago, he´s a friend of a friend of mine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and since we met, everytime we see each other, if we have time, we talk and stuff. Like in the bus, if he sees me he sits down with me, or the other way around, and we talk the whole way. But we haven´t done anything outside of school

6. nwonderlad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you guys talk a lot and you think you guys are open with each other, I would suggest you to kind of let him understand what you feel, but without telling him directly, do you know what I mean? :wink: x

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you just need to calm down and try to have a friendship with him. Let that develop. Just be a chivalrous guy, and if he's into you, you'll win his heart. If he's not, then he was never going to be.

You don't need to analyze everything down to the minutest detail of your interactions.

In friendship,

Nick

8. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yea you´re right. It´s just that I´ve never really had a gay friend, and I´d never been in a situation where there´s even a small posibilty of something happening, it just seems alot. But I´ll try to relax :slight_smile: