1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to stop drinking?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zaio, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hey EC,

So lately I appear to have developed an alcoholic problem. I am trying to handle it with one of the forum moderators though so I won't go too much into that.

Anyway, being 15 and pretty skinny I should have a low alcohol tolerance. I have had about 15 unit so far over the course of about 8 hours, which is obviously way too much. Point is, at the moment when I blare out the house music and game I am in pure ecstasy, nothing tops that. I just don't know when to stop drinking...

So when is a safe time to stop drinking? I tend to stop drinking when I know it's too late (e.g. vision becoming VERY blurry to the point I can barely read text).

I've heard the "you're way too young to drink" lecture a thousand times so I'd appreciate it if we could skip that and get answers about your thoughts about stopping limit. Thing is, I never get hangovers either, I've drunk 18 units before without a hangover, for some reason I just never get them. Although I do tend to drink a LOT of water before sleeping. Obviously this is incredibly self destructive and messing with my liver/kidneys, thing is, the buzz just gets greater and greater the later things go on, so I just feel I have to drink more. This pure ecstasy is just SO addicting, I've never been happier while drunk.

So I obviously need to set some boundaries for myself. So, thoughts/inputs?

2. FunnyMonkey

First you should not be drinking that young.

Now to answer your question, just have one or two. Drinking is not about getting drunk it's about unwinding from stress. So if you are going to drink witch I am suggest you don't do . do it safely. and AS WAS DRINK ON A FULL STOMACH !!! it's safer.

3. snowflurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you're 15, I wouldn't say you're too young to drink. Or rather, it's not entirely realistic to say people your age don't drink because...let's be real... a lot do. But of course, it's not very healthy or good for you and if you don't have much responsibility---it can get really really bad.
    Anyway, as I'm sure you're everyone has a different tolerance. Usually a good way to drink is to keep track of how many shots or whatever you've had- and take it slow. When the blood starts pounding in your ears, stop. The best thing to do though it to generally know how much you can handle, so experiment (as in don't get too crazy, but try different things and see what works for you). If you're throwing up, obviously, that's too much. If your vision starts getting kind of dark and spotty, also stop. Don't wait til it gets super blurry- if anything starts blurring at all, stop. So speed (how many drinks per hour) and quantity are the most important thigns to consider.

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks :slight_smile: