1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by matjat, Nov 4, 2012.

1. matjat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I have been friends with my Best Friend for ten years. Our friendship means everything to me and I would risk my life to keep the friendship (Not Exaggerating). She knows everything about me. She knows that I am Bisexual and who I fancy and she knows that I have flirted with her because I fancied her for a tiny bit and I told her it was just a phase but it wasn't. My feeling for her are getting stronger for her.
    Basically I love her. I can't help but flirting with her and I kissed her cheek which made me want to kiss her on lips. I want to stop flirting with her because it will her feel awkward. Also should I tell her my feelings because she has been al right with everything so far but would this just make her not like me? I don't want to risk our relationship because of my feelings! So basically my questions are:
    Should I tell her?
    How?
    How do I stop flirting with her
    Thanks for the help!

2. Very Confused

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am in a similar position, except my friends don't know I am bi-sexual, I fear that if I told people I would be mocked and bullied but others have come out without this occurring. I am in a relationship with a girl but I think it could be coming to an end and I don't want to hurt her badly. If you think your friend would be understanding, and if you understand that she will find it impossible to go out with you, (she may not, lots of people are open minded), then it may be sensible to tell her, and just remain friends as it sounds like you have something really special.

3. matjat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you I will try this. I do understand that I will probably never be able go out with her! But I was just scared that I will ruin our relationship because it means so much to me but she is open minded!

4. vere

Is she gay or bisexual? If she is not, then honestly, I wouldn't tell her simply because the only thing that could come of it would be awkwardness between the two of you. I only tell you this because I have personally strained relationships in the past by revealing my feelings.

Of course, if you both are truly close, everything will probably be fine. I just think it's important to ask yourself what you would hope to gain by telling her your feelings.

5. matjat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    She doesn't talk about her feelings which is annoying! But I am still unsure whether to tell her or not!

6. Yuliya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If You love her You should do sometying that makes her happy. so remind this to yourself every time when you want to flirt or kiss her and it'll help You do right thing.

7. matjat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the advice about stoping the flirting but there is a thin line between friendship and flirting and I feel like I am starting to cross that line so thank you because I need to come back to friendship!

8. jchart0909

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I just found out my best friend of 20 years has a relationship with a man. He says it was never sexual. He is angry all the time. He moved from another city and is my room mate. We started a sexual relationship with me over a year ago. We suffered miscarriages. He claimed he carried on with a woman for six months when we were separated. He said any relationship with me would be a dead end and knew that from the beginning. I don't understand. He says he is struggling and I don't know what to do. Said he will deal with this himself and will talk to no one.

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2012 at 03:33 PM ----------

I tried, when I found out to tell him that if he was happy with this guy, he should be with him. I have loved him and wanted a relationship with him. Part of me still does but this territory is something I am naive about. He still talks to this guy and maintains it isn't physical.

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2012 at 03:35 PM ----------

I asked him if he had feelings for him and he said if he did he would not have moved here. I don't know if I should just let him go. The crazy part is he still wants to have sex for the purpose of having a child with me because I want one before I pass my prime. He says he will sign his rights away and still give me this. His mood swings are terrible. One minute wanting me home, the next minute angry with me.

9. matjat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you guys for the advice! I told her and she was all right with it and we are still extremely close!