1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For The Bible Tells Me So

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by beckyg, Feb 9, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This film is highly recomended to anybody coming out in highly religious families. I watched it this weekend and the end was very moving. It points out how most don't follow the Bible's every detail yet continually pick out verses to oppose homosexuality and loving same-sex relationships. It has the Bishop Gene Robinson in it along with his parents and how they were affected by his coming out. Right now it is on sale for only $18.71 + shipping. A steal for such a powerful and thought provoking film.

www.forthebibletellsmeso.org

#1 beckyg, Feb 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2008
  2. sdc91

Oh, I was going to watch that. Thanks for reminding me.

3. Astaroth

Thanks, Becky. I just purchased it now. I've already come out to my parents and all, but it's something they still don't feel at all comfortable talking about, so we're all going to sit down and watch this once it arrives.

4. Time

Wow, I watched the trailer, and it looks like a really good, educational film that a lot of close-minded homophobic people need to see.

To my astonishment, there are screenings very close to my area. I'm talking like, <1 hour drive. If I were ready to come out to my parents, this would definitely be how I would do it. I wish I was :frowning2:

edit - *lightbulb goes off in head that there will probably be other gay people there too. plots to get a ride from a friend and lie to parents about where i'm going. evil grin.*

#4 Time, Feb 9, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm going to show it at PFLAG. I would LOVE for my Dad to see this movie but I'm wondering how to go about it. Maybe I'll just leave it on their table when they are gone. Everytime I mention something "gay" he goes into a tailspin and starts yelling at me.

6. nisomer

Very good doc, I saw it in the theater when it was out.

7. Norwegian91

This doesnt come to norway:frowning2: