1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused about my straight friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by apollo92, Nov 4, 2012.

1. apollo92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone. Sorry for the really cliched title :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. However, this story is actually pretty cliched haha…

But see, there’s this guy I met 3 months ago. We instantly took a liking to each other. First time I saw him, my heart just stopped beating for a sec and I thought i would never see him again. As destiny would have it, though, the complete opposite happened.

At first, I thought this guy was at least bi. He dressed really well, he had a mild lisp, and he acted all boyfriendy around me. I noticed that when we were walking in the streets he would unconcoisuly bump into me…

Fast forward, and now we’re cuddling without shirts, kissing our cheeks, kissing our neck (at his request!), sleeping togheher all the time, and holding hands in public. Even in front of our group of friends (many think he’s gay). And see, Im openly gay. And he’s officially straight (although he jokes about being bicurius).

This guy and I are perfect for each other. We’ve admitted it (he says he’s sooo sry he’s straight). I even told him I had feelings for him. That brought us even closer. God, he must be the most open minded straight guy on earth! He even said that if he ever becomes gay, he wants me to loose his virginity to me… That is very interesting, too. I noticed that we always go to parties and he’s always fliritng with girls. I always see hot chicks drooling over him. Yet… he never makes out with them. He has an excuse every single time…. She dissapeared… She was too drunk…She was to crazy…. I didnt like her outfit… just random stuff….

A month ago, I had feelings for him. I was totally infatuated. Yet he sent me a text message where he said “we’ve been very intimate lately and its ok i just want u to know im straight”. I answered “ok… were just friends…very good friends...” This never turned into a fight. I just think he was too sober that night haha. At that point, I initiated 75% of our physical contact.

A month later, I no longer have feelings for him in that way. I love him as my best friend. I feel so lucky I have a friend just like the best buddies in tv series hahaa.
    Now, we have the same amount of physcial contact but HE initiates 75% of it.

I think this is a grasp of our relationship. I should specify there’s never been sexual contact between us (though he said he’ll show me his penis when he’s ready and he jokes about having given guys handjobs before). We are 19 and 20 respectively. Mind giving me your opinion?
    :slight_smile:

2. stumble along

There chance of him being straight is 1:1238566184927691836463517384615183930171637291017464619482517
    You get my point
    Or maybe he's just really, really, really, really lonely

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, he definitely doesn't sound very straight to me at all. Have you ever brought it to his attention that what you guys do together is a bit, for lack of a better word, gay? For whatever reason, it seems as if he could be struggling with himself a bit and not accepting the fact that he is most likely gay as well, especially needing to reaffirm his "being straight" more than once. It seems like he really does like you.

4. apollo92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This I doubt... He's really close with his mom, had a close group of friends before he moved, and has a great group here. In fact, we have the same social circle haha.

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2012 at 02:18 PM ----------

and funny thing is, you pals cant even picture half of his "gayness" or metrosexuality like he calls it...

For example, he loves gay clubs. He even dances with guys and takes off his shirt when we hit the clubs here. I sometimes have to pretend Im his boyfriend when guys hit on him. And when guys who arent my type hit on me, i do the maturest thing possible: have him pretend he's mine hahaa.

Oh, and after founding out my secret for looking great the morning after a night of hardcore partying in montreal (Concealer), we went to pharmaprix to get him some makeup.

Oh, and he scrutinezes my sex life... He's just AMUSED by anal sex, being a top, being a bottom, sex while high, sucking dicks, what I like, what I dont, etc... And when there's a guy that I'm liking more than sexually, he get's a little jealous. He makes me promise he will never replace him.

5. Jared

If he's straight then I'm the President of the US. I can't imagine a straight guy acting like that.

6. apollo92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My sex drive is huge and Im a little impatient concerning guys. I think I deluded myself into think he's straight so I dont have to wait.

7. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As everyone else said, this guy is NOT straight. But it seems like he is in some sort of super denial state!

But how on earth he can even begin to claim that he is straight is beyond me. Surely other people have commented?

I think you should just come on to this guy. If he's asking about your sex life and everything, then he has definitely thought about it before.

8. apollo92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Random people in the streets and in clubs have said we're a handsome couple (that's montreal for you all haha).

Yesterday, one of our mutual friends just randomly asked "hey guys are you official yet?" and we just smiled and said not yet. All of our friends (except for the other 3 straight guys) think he's gay. The guys have mentioned they would be happy if we ended up together tough!.

This is what's bugging my mind: if he's so obviously gay, than why do I sincerely think he's straight?

#8 apollo92, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  9. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe because it's almost too good to be true?

10. i need help

thats my take on the situation. but if it does work out for you, you are rally one of the lucky ones!!! i hope it goes well.

11. TroubledRyan

I think he has a hard time accepting himself. He really seems gay, but again he can be metro. I just can't see a straight guys cuddling and kissing the neck of another male. If he is having a hard time accepting it himself.. good luck!

12. apollo92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    On our last outing, we had a romantic candlelit dinner at a restaurant (followed by him crashing at my bed, again). Before we stood up at the restaurant, he grabbed my hand and asked the waiter to get us a picture...

How can it get gayer? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: haha

13. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really can't. :dry:

14. Jared

It basically sounds like you guys are dating and he doesn't want to admit it for some reason.

15. apollo92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I do actual dating/hooking up. He knows Im totally friendly to the idea of being the right guy's boyfriend. He also knows good sex is a requirement, because I told him when he asked me if I would be his boyfriend (if "he was gay")He also swears he tries to hook up with girls.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he's not comfortable being gay. We both come from a really, extremely homophobic place.

#15 apollo92, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012