1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just need to vent...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by trumpetkid23, Feb 9, 2008.

1. trumpetkid23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So today we had our district choir event. We were all changing in the locker room into our tuxes for the concert, when something happened that nearly got me shouting. And I don't get mad. I could probably count the times where I've been truly angry in my life. But for whatever reason, I got furious.

My best guy friend (whom I'm not out to yet) and another guy in my school were changing next to me. This other guy (whom I'm decent friends with) says to my best friend "hey, hide me so all these gay guys won't watch me change" (lots of guys at these choir events are gay, as I'm sure is no surprise). I just gave him a look and said "Chase, get over yourself." He says back, "what? Don't you feel uncomfortable changing in front of them?" Obviously, I didn't. I told him no anyway. And my BEST FRIEND goes, "but it's so gross! I don't want them looking at me!"

I just glared at him. He knows my opinions on gay rights. Even though he doesn't know I'm gay, he KNEW that it would hurt me if he said that. At this point I almost shouted, but just said "You're so vain. Don't flatter yourself. What makes you think they'd even find you attractive?" He just ignores me and says to Chase, "Chase, now guard me while I change. I don't want to change in front of all these gay guys." I nearly exploded, but just walked out. I didn't want to start anything. It wasn't worth it.

He hurt me SO badly. I know he doesn't like homosexuality, but did he have to throw it in my face like that?

#1 trumpetkid23, Feb 9, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh gosh, I'm sorry. (*hug*) However, I'm very proud of you for actually saying something about it. That takes bravery.

3. trumpetkid23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you, Becky. (*hug*) *hugsback*

4. biisme

i'm so so so so sorry honey.

some people can be impossible sometimes, but all the power to you for not yelling and remaining calm.

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

5. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

People like them have nothing better to share with others, so to get attention they behave poorly. It's really pathetic, I hope they grow out of it.

6. trumpetkid23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just and update: My best friend messaged me back today on AIM about what happened and apologized. I remember why he's my best friend now. :icon_bigg

7. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's good. :slight_smile:

8. Wired106

Wow. dude if he was my best friend and he did that I'd be pissed. I'm very straight acting but with my best friend we basically know everything about each other and we've helped each other out with stuff that has gone on in our lives. He doesn't know i'm gay but I swear if he said that around everyone in a choir with other gay people there, I'd probably go off on him and start yelling and swearing lol. Then I'd probably just stop hanging out with him for a while lol. That's what ended up happening to me anyways with my best friend. We use to hang out 24/7 but eventually other crap went on and we got in a fight and just stopped hanging out and talking. Everyonce in a while we hang out now but its not the same. He's changed, and I've changed.

9. CrimsonThunder

Hes probably gay himself.

10. Bevo

Bevo Guest

I agree.. though it may sound unlikely,he could have been just covering up his latent homosexuality and that display in the locker room could have been just a floor-show.

Then again maybe not... its just a guess

It's good that he has apologized...did he say why he did it? especially in front of you?

11. BabyBoy

Why do straight boys think all gay guys want to fuck them? Majority of the time, we sure as hell don't. :dry:

Tell him "Just cuz they're into boys, doesn't mean they're into YOU! You're into girls, right? But are you into ALL girls? Point proven, shut the fuck up, k thanks goodbye and goodnight"

12. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well said and a line I've used myself. Shuts them up good and proper.

13. trumpetkid23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, no he's definitely not gay, although you guys did make me laugh by imagining the many ironies if that were true. We had a very long conversation on AIM last night, and I think his opinion is starting to change. He comes from the religous right's viewpoint on homosexuality, but after our conversation I think he's beginning to understand. I don't think it'll be long before I come out to him.

14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

Oh, that's good! :slight_smile: See if you hadn't sad something, he probably wouldn't of ever thought about his actions and what he did.

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Man I hate it when people associate homosexuality with pervertedness. I mean, saying that a gay guy wants to get it off with all the rest of the men in the world might as well be saying 'all straight men want to get it off with all the rest of the women in the world', and if that's not true for straight people, why should it be true for gays? I'm so sorry that happened to you, and well done for standing up to him, and I'm glad he found it in him to apologize.