1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jchart0909, Nov 4, 2012.

1. jchart0909

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    just found out my best friend of 20 years has a relationship with a man. He says it was never sexual. He is angry all the time. He moved from another city and is my room mate. We started a sexual relationship with me over a year ago. We suffered miscarriages. He claimed he carried on with a woman for six months when we were separated. He said any relationship with me would be a dead end and knew that from the beginning. I don't understand. He says he is struggling and I don't know what to do. Said he will deal with this himself and will talk to no one.

I tried, when I found out to tell him that if he was happy with this guy, he should be with him. I have loved him and wanted a relationship with him. Part of me still does but this territory is something I am naive about. He still talks to this guy and maintains it isn't physical.

I asked him if he had feelings for him and he said if he did he would not have moved here. I don't know if I should just let him go. The crazy part is he still wants to have sex for the purpose of having a child with me because I want one before I pass my prime. He says he will sign his rights away and still give me this. His mood swings are terrible. One minute wanting me home, the next minute angry with me saying he will move out.

This relationship with him began for me after we had sex after 19 years. Before that he asked me for a chance. We sexted for months before finally coming together. He dumped me and six months later when I told him I accepted we would never be together, he wanted to get back together with no strings or promises. After a few months I wanted the label and that is when he said we would never be a couple. He still moved in with me and left his life behind to go to grad school. All of it including a well paying job.

I don't know why he is here or how he feels about me. He said he will not talk about his sexuality. I don't even know if he is gay and covering, bisexual, someone said homoromantic because of this other guy. Sometimes I think there might be a chance. He said he doesn't have enough confidence in me and wouldn't bet on a relationship with me. I love him so much but I don't know what to do. It changes all the time.