1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know for sure?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jman960, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Jman960

Out Status:
    A few people
    Given the recent events in my life that have made me question my orientation, more problems are arising. At first i felt addicted to the person who brought it out of me, but now that i am slowly getting over him, i wonder if i felt that because i am gay, or because it was something completely out of my ordinary. I dont' have any regrets and didn't feel uncomfortable, so is that a sign? I feel like it should have been an easy choice of where i stand. I understand that being comfortable with it myself is the first step, but i feel like i have to choose. Is this a normal part in the process? I just feel like i need to identify with myself no matter what but for some reason i can't. What kinds of feelings are normal when going through this??

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

There is no need to choose either gay or straight because there is a whole spectrum between those two options.

Have you heard of the Kinsey Scale before? Its not perfect by any means, but it explains how human sexuality is a spectrum and its not white and black like many want it to be.

As far as your situation, do you mind talking more about what happened with said guy? It might be helpful for both you and others to figure things out.

It really depends on the person. Some people take it really easy, some people are in deep denial for years, and some people bounce between those two emotions in a daily basis.

3. Jman960

Out Status:
    A few people
    No i can't say that i have heard of the Kinsey scale before, but I will definitely have to check it out. I would say that i'm comfortable talking about it because i don't have any regrets about it. I think the hard time i have is now that it has happened, that i'm very centered about it. I thought that once it happened (fantasized about it for a long time), it would be the final thing to help me figure out who i am, but it has yet to do that. I guess i'm just being really impatient about the whole process and want an answer now.