1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life just kinda sucks right now.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by musicgeek13, Nov 4, 2012.

1. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

It seems like everything in my life is just going badly. I finally accepted that I was gay but now I'm stuck in an environment where I pretend to be straight. I was supposed to enlist in the Marine Corps but due to a bunch of different things, that has been put on hold. The worst part is that I gave up going to college to enlist and now I'm stuck living with my parents and I feel like I'm going to go insane. I don't even know what kind of advice people could give but if anyone was in any sort of similar situation, how did you get out of it? I want to get started with my life but I don't know how :frowning2:

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Phew, deep breaths (*hug*)

I know its frustrating beyond belief, but you are far from being alone. Most of us where at one point or another in similar situations.

Do you still want to go to college? Maybe a community college for now? That might give you something to do. What are your plans?

Also, it might be helpful to surround yourself with supportive people. Are there any youth groups around your area that you could possibly join?

3. FunnyMonkey

Well I'm in a similar situation, I just got two jobs so I would not be home that much and could save money so I could go to college. maybe you could move in with a friend?

Just gave it so time and you'll see that life get so much better. Do you have a lgbt center you could go to? Maybe take a class or two at a community college.

Like TheEdend said most of us have been or are in the same boat. You are not alone.

4. Serephina

Hey Geek ^^

Can't say I've been in this situation, but I feel ya. Sometimes I'm sitting at home going absolutely crazy because I have nothing to do! Edend had some good advice; maybe community college would be a good option, at least to get you out of the house. Or join a knitting circle. Or take up kite flying. Just do something that's going to take your mind off of all the stress at home, and get you out of your parents house for a little.

:3 feel free to message me whenever if you want to rant, or discuss notes on the latest developings in the world of sciency things. I'm not well versed in astrophysics, but I think it would be entertaining ^^ or... you know... just to chat :grin:

Byeee! -waves- ​

5. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do. Right now I'm just working until I do. Not really sure if there's a youth group around here. Anyway, Thanks for the encouragement.

6. Ticklish Fish

depending when u enlist, maybe try enrolling next semester to get some credits in?

7. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

Haha thanks for the random reply. It actually made me feel a lot better and don't worry I'm not really up on astrophysics either :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Pyrotactick

I've got something like that SOMETIMES. I don't know if it's depression, it's just unmotivated, confused on what I'm thinking, choking in the throat feeling. I never really found out a way to deal with it. Normally, I just have this sort of spas when I breath heavily and do this violent shake, maybe yell or exhale loudly, then act like nothing happened. It helps until you think of it again! :grin: Sooh...I think you could just do something you enjoy that might help. If your going to do something like I did, go ahead but don't over do it, yell at a wall or a pillow. Ooh! Here's a good idea: Ask around for advice, maybe from friends or somebody you trust in the military, then ask friends and others outside of military, compare the two, see if it'll help! :slight_smile:

Sorry....this is just something I try to do v_v with no experience on good luck though! :grin:

9. Meg

Meg

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there,
    I was in a similar situation a couple years back, waiting to enlist into the navy as a medic so I can go off and feel better about what I'm doing in life, confused about my sexuality and it just seemed like everything was hitting me at once. Totally know where you're coming from and how frustrating it all can be :slight_smile: If you need to chat, feel free to send me a message :slight_smile: I certainly just tried to keep busy, work out and keep as fit and good as I could be, it's worth it in the end, you'll do great :slight_smile:

10. Jimboslice423

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I know living with your parents is a pain and be stressful, but I would try staying there as long as you can. I know that sounds dumb, but after I dropped out of college I moved back in with my parents. I was extremely frustrated as are you and I just wanted out. So I bought a house and moved out. Sounds great, but it's makes me sick sometimes thinking about how much I work and stuff and still never have any money. All my friends are constantly doing fun things that I never have the money for. That is just my advise tho. Sorry if its not helpful :/ I'm sure everything will get better tho. :slight_smile: just keep your head up :slight_smile: