1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just feeling really lonely..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by evchado32, Nov 4, 2012.

1. evchado32

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone. I didn't really know where else to go and I am just feeling really lonely and depressed right now. I'm 17 years old and I live in a small conservative town in West Virginia. I'm out to a few of my friends that are girls, but that's it. I consider myself to be gay, i guess. I've been suffering from depression since I was in 6th grade. I was made fun of quite a bit for everything you can imagine all throughout middle school. When I got to high school, things got better, but then I realized i was attracted to the same sex.This made things horrible again. I constantly feel lonely. There's only one other guy that I know of in school that is gay and he is nothing but trouble. So I can't really befriend him or anything. I see all of the couples at school and I get jealous. I know this might sound kind of dumb, but even though I'm attracted to guys, it depresses me that no girls show any interest in me. It makes me kind of feel like something is wrong with me? I've been in therapy and school counseling since 10th grade, which helps me quite a bit.. But it can only do so much.. I really just need people to talk to.. Sorry if I was depressing or if this isn't the place for that, but the other online forum I got on has turned into nothing but a huge drama center. I didn't know where else to go.. :|

2. Jared

(*hug*)

You're definitely in the right place if you're looking for support and people to talk to. EC is a pretty cool place and the people here are really friendly.

I can totally relate to always feeling lonely. I was a complete loner in high school and even though I actually have friends in college I still feel alone most of time. The thing about feeling bad that no girls are attracted to you is not stupid at all. You want validation from others and it's natural to want it from girls even though you're gay since it's a lot more likely in high school that gay guys are closeted and won't show interest in other guys publicly.

Depression is a pain the :***:, I've been dealing with it for a while myself and so have a lot of people on EC. I'm glad you started therapy a while ago, I wish I had started it sooner than a few months ago, I needed it many years ago. If you ever want to talk send me a wall message.

-Jared

3. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

I know it sucks feeling like you're alone. I can't really offer up any good advice but just know that you are not alone, whether you feel like it or not. (*hug*)
    Oh and I totally understand couple envy. I always felt really lonely in high school because everything was so couple centric. Basically, hang in there. Life sometimes sucks but it's also sometimes kinda cool so here's another hug! (&&&)

4. johnnyboytoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    We all feel lonely some times. But you'll feel better soon, i'm sure. :slight_smile:

5. Noir

You definitely do NOT sound dumb at all, even worrying about the opposite to your sexual preference doesn't seem attracted to you. It's pretty common as far as I can tell to feel all these things you're feeling, I know I've thought of them plenty of times! It's hard to deal with depression, and it sucks being one of the only gender queer people you know at school. I personally was the only lesbian I knew until coming to college. :dry: And of course you're gonna feel lonely looking at other couples, thinking somehow it's just not fair. I can't really give you advice, but I also say you're not alone, you're free to talk to us on EC anytime! :slight_smile:

6. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Welcome to EC and hopefully you'll like it here a lot better than whereever you were before. Everyone is very supportive here :slight_smile:
    Have you thought about telling your counselor that you're gay? There may be some groups or some programs or something from people who are gay or questioning. I found that having someone to talk to in real life made it a lot easier with accpeting that I'm gay and to know that there actually are people like me.
    I know it can feel really lonely right now but I think you're on the right track. Just try to seek some help and talk to someone who you think you can trust. It really does help with sorting out your feelings. Getting everything out can be a huge release and it can feel a lot better afterwards.
    I've also suffered from depression so I can relate to you on that, just try to keep your head up and know that as corny as it sounds it will eventually get better. But feel free to talk to us on EC anytime :slight_smile:

7. evchado32

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Both my school counselor and my therapist know I'm gay and neither of them know of any groups in WV for gay teens. It's just not something that's supposed to happen in West Virginia. If you are gay here, it's just not something you should flaunt or be proud of. You are supposed to feel like shit here if you are different from the stereotypical conservative.

8. AAASAS

Though I love West Virginia, my favorite state, I hate the ignorance.

I'd move out of there when you are older, religious societies are no good environment for a homosexual.

I know how you feel about the loneliness during highschool. I had it really bad, and become even suicidal almost from it. It will pass, try talking to more homos online, and you will see there are tons of gay people in West Virginia, they are just like you, and are hiding it. There is no reason to feel alone when you know there are kids at your SCHOOL guaranteed going through the EXACT same thing. Homosexuality is about 10% of the population, could be more, right now estimate and trying to get a real grasp is hard because of people like you and me, who don't disclose it. So yea, 1/10 people are a little gay at least, there are gay kids in your class.

If you can't be out during highschool get a lot of online support, try becoming more aware of homosexuals plights around the world, because your story is common, and almost all gays go through something similar.

I am from a small town in Ontario, there is no religion here, but people are ignorant of it, they don't think we don't deserve right, but they have a stay away attitude. So I know what it's like to live in small town with semi-bigots. I went through highschool thinking I was the ONLY GAY in school, there was one out flamboyant queer that I would never talk to but other than that I thought I was the only one. It helped a lot when I found out that there was other gay people in my class just based of pure statistics that were closeted and feeling the same thing, though I couldn't identify them or talk to them, just know there was some other people there, in that room, that had to be gay, made me feel better.

9. Alexander69

I only read your post and in sorry to hear you are depressed. I'm 17 also I was made fun of terribly in elementary called gay and all sorts of things and it made my life hell, but hun it gets better, you are not alone don't convince yourself you are I know how you feel like no one really gets you. I can assure you that there are other gay teens at your school who are feeling the exact same way as you of that makes you feel less alone and many more people in this world. I you need to talk please please feel free to talk to me ok ill make a post in your wall when I've posted this ❤ be strong and stay beautiful :slight_smile:

10. cutieboy201

hey i think its fine that even though your gay you want a girls attention. It makes you feel wanted when anyone likes you. Heck im gay and i like to hear if a girl likes me. I get jealous when i see couples at school and i feel lonely too. Im just saying your not alone :slight_smile: EC will talk to you when no one else will (*hug*)