1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ruby Dragon, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So third time's the charm... The girl who postponed our date twice before and I are finally going to go on a coffee date in less than an hour from now.

I'm both nervous and excited. Does anyone have advice for me on how to go about it, what to do, what to talk about, etc? I don't want to mess things up on the first date (or second, or third, or ...) - You get the point, right? :lol:

2. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WHOOOOOOWEEEEEEE! The date went smoothly and we chatted a good bit. She's so awesome. I don't know if it was maybe a bit soon, but I gave her a quick kiss (just a peck on the lips) goodbye when we parted ways.

I feel soooooo happy right now (!)

3. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

(!) Congrats! and if the date went really well, I don't think it was too soon for the kiss. :slight_smile:

4. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It went extremely well. She's a bit shy but I got her talking and laughing so that's a good sign. We both had a good time. When I leaned in for the kiss she hesitated a little bit first but then gave in to my charm :lol: I sent her a message afterwards thanking her for the date and said I had a good time and told her to not be so shy. The kiss was in public, so thought maybe she was a bit hesitant because of other people seeing us. So I told her not to care what others think. She said she just didn't expect the kiss but she needed one, so I think I did good, read the vibes right. Hahaha.

Just glad I didn't scare her off, that would be a bummer. But hey - it was my first date since coming out completely, so I feel quite proud of myself for not screwing up

(I think I overdid it with deodorant though - she asked me if I have anything left in the bottle :lol:slight_smile:

#4 Ruby Dragon, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so glad to hear about your date and the deodorant thing is too funny :lol: I'd rather be safe than sorry because I don't use much, but I can imagine how it feels to be nervous. When's the second date? :icon_wink

#5 pinklov3ly, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  6. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She seems keen, so hopefully soon. I asked her to go ice skating with me. Hopefully the ice rink is still there. If not, we'll go ten pin bowling or something. But it has to be something funny (something that'll give us something to laugh about or give us a reason to be close to each other...), something sort of casual but intimate in a way. I'm terrible at thinking of places to take her, but definitely not the movies. We don't know each other well enough yet (meaning, we want to be able to talk during the date). Besides, I don't think we'll be watching much of it anyway. She's still very flirty with me, so I'm glad I didn't scare her off with moving too fast or something. It was just a peck on the lips though so don't think it was too big a deal.

Will keep you updated :icon_wink

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats on your date! How fun! ^_^ It sounds like she really is comfortable around you and likes you alot. I mean, obviously since you went on a date and all :lol:

8. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

That's great! She could have been a bit shy because of the date, nerves or whatever (I'm actually kind of the same way, shy when people meet me, but then a spunky spitfire :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) and if you can get the person talking, even laughing, when they're shy, it's definitely going great. :thumbsup: I'm thrilled for you! So when do you think you and her will have the next date? :wink:

:slight_smile:icon_lol: Better safe than sorry, eh?)

Hopefully things continue to go well for you! :goodluck:

9. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We chatted a bit today and I said I definitely want to see her again, but she said it's a bit hard to go out on weekdays and they have family coming over this weekend. I first thought maybe she's subtly trying to wangle out of a second date with me, so I said I understand, family comes first and I wouldn't expect her to choose. I asked her to let me know when she has a gap and if she wants to see me, we'll make a plan.

She said she will definitely squeeze me into the busy weekend, if I don't have anything planned. So I can't wait. Not entirely sure what we're going to do yet, but at least she's keen on seeing me again, so guess I'm not too bad :lol:

10. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Update:

She wants to go out for a milkshake today (!)

Will be meeting with her at 9am. And it sounds like she's keen on also seeing me this weekend, so if that realizes, it'll be 3 dates - with the same girl - in a week's time. Wow. Maybe she really does like me. Now the question remains, do I kiss her hello or just hug?

(And this time I went a bit easier on the deo :lol:slight_smile:

#10 Ruby Dragon, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  11. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It went well yet again. A nice chat, good laughs and greeted her with a hug and kiss, same when we parted ways again. Hoping to see her this weekend too, that'll be awesome. Maybe we could go somewhere a bit more private, or go do something fun together. Depends how much time she has.

I now have another problem: She is scared that this whole gay thing of mine might be just a phase. And she doesn't want to be like the lab rat... I don't know what to do or what to say to her. I'm still trying to figure out my own look, my own identity if you will, but what if it's just a phase? I just feel so sad right now. Am I perhaps trying too hard?

I don't know, it's going to keep bothering me now :tears: :bang:

12. Zaio

Zaio Guest

If it's just a phase then EC wouldn't exist.

If you're sexually attracted to women and not men then you're gay. It would be really sad for you to ruin your first relationship over this inner-debate, as it sounds like you're already having a lot of fun.

All the best.

13. runner

I think she likes you and is probably scared. I would just keep doing what your doing and make her see that you like her and want to hang as much as possible. How do you mean trying to figure out your identity? Like clothes and hair style? I guess in like what sense because you know your identity of being gay, which is what is most important. And you aren't scared to show it(which I give you major credit for)

14. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I'm trying to figure out my own look and identity, meaning clothes and hairstyle. I want to wear more masculine clothes and chuck out my feminine clothes - and shoes.

But that'll have to wait until end November, when I get my bonus, so I can do some serious shopping and do all the things I've been wanting to do for quite some time now. I think once I've completed "my look" my parents will start to realize that it's not just a phase I'm going through.

Another update on the girl

Direct quote from her: "The more I talk to you the more I want to see you... wow, twice is just not enough"

Guess she really is into me then. I feel the same way. I want to keep seeing her and can't get enough of her. Time goes by way too fast when we're together, and on the last date when I kissed her it seemed like she wanted more. So did I...

I'm just soooo excited about everything, it's so awesome :slight_smile: :eusa_danc