1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

telling parents?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by darkestknight, Feb 10, 2008.

1. darkestknight

Ok, I have a little hard time here figuring whether I must tell my parents and my family about I'm homosexual. sincerely, it's the most difficult thing ever. But I must do that - since I can't keep it that way into my heart for too long.:eusa_doh:

I can't tell my ma because she really thinks that it's abnormal to be homosexual, and she rather me doing crimes than this one.

And I can't tell my brother. My brother will throw very bad insults to me. Not a good idea.

And the last one is my father. Basically he's quite open.. but not sure about how could he properly accept that i'm homosexual.

So what do you think? must i or not? :grin:

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not a case of 'must'. Don't do it if you're not comfortable with it, or if you think they're going to react badly. As appears to be rather typical with these issues, time is the answer yet again. In other words, wait until YOU are comfortable with coming out to them, and don't feel like it's something you have to do.

3. nickmc

There's nothing forcing you to ever come out to them if you are uncomfortable doing so or you think they will treat you badly. As heartqueen said, ONLY come out if you are comfortable enough with them.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Maybe when you do decide the time is right, start with your father first. He can then help you with your mother. I highly suggest that you download and print some resources that are at the top of Support and Advice under PFLAG Publications. These can really help your parents understand.