1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling disconnected from girlfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Noir, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Noir

I'm a little uneasy and feeling kind of guilty for not feeling a great connection with my girlfriend...she's super nice and cute and a big comfort, sure. But I feel uneasy, I guess. She doesn't always get me, and we don't really have anything in common to do or talk about besides school or friends or "being les." I also feel bad I have no romantic feelings towards her yet, though I like cuddling and being friendly with her.

She's a big fan of Homestuck and superheros and video games which I can't relate to at all. We're trying to get each other introduced to each other's hobbies--she's reading Homestuck with me while I show her Fullmetal Alchemist or Black Rock Shooter, but it's like we both think deep down "I don't really get it." I also feel like I can't be the part of myself that likes to think deeply and likes the angst in things as something beautiful, or she'll look at me weird. I always worry "what will we do when we hang out? :confused: I'm jealous, too--she seems much more natural with our one guy friend who shares a lot of her interests and viewpoints, while I'm left on the sideline feeling like I don't quite fit in and don't know what they're talking about.

Am I worrying too much about specifics? Does it take more time to be comfy as we learn more about one another? I feel bad because she's so sweet and has never dated either! We're still getting the hang of things, and it's a shame I'm thinking like this! Advice would be greatly appreciated! :help:

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

What I'm thinking is that in your situation, it will be comfortable in the long run. Since, you girls has not dated at all, then it just makes sense for things to take slower than the usual relationship.

3. kingdominth4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mhmm you're still warming up eachother. You just have to find get used to being in a relationship. Don't give up you'll find a common point in which you too can relate eventually just kick at it Good, Luck!!!

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I think you guys may just need to get used to each other, it may be hard to relate to each other at first, or get into what each other likes. It's okay to have differences in a relationship, to be different from your girlfriend. Maybe you could find an activity that you both enjoy doing together.

5. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Although it helps to at least know what your significant other is talking about, you don't have to love it too, just be considerate of their passion for whatever it is.

To quote some random guy who likes soccer from some random dating site commercial, "If she like soccer, great, but if that's all we got in common then it better be the world cup all year or it ain't gunna work out."

you don't have to like the same things, As long as you love each other.

Hopefully something I said helps, looking back it appears to be a string of random thoughts on the topic...

I wish you well in your relationship! :thumbsup:

6. Yuliya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You shouldn't feel guilty about this situation, I always think that it's more exciting to be with person who has different interestings... You should learn more about one another and You should tell her everything what you want without any debts... be yourself and give her such opportunity too

7. Noir

Thank you very much! Hopefully things will get better as time goes along....wish me luck!:confused: