1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

idk

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by unnsure, Nov 5, 2012.

1. unnsure

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    so I don't know what to do.... Lately I've been going through periods where I just get depressed and have no motivation to do anything. I know a major part of my depression is due to the fact that I just can't seem to accept that I might be gay. I mean I've always known that I had some attraction to the same gender, but I just don't want to accept it. I feel like i can't talk anyone about what I'm going through. My family is actually quite accepting of everyone, but sometimes they say things that are negative about gay people which then makes me think twice about saying anything. Same goes for my friends. Even though they seem accepting of everyone, at times they say things about gay men, which makes me not want to say anything at all... I just feel alone, I don't know what to do....

2. Pyrotactick

-sigh- I kind of felt that and before I even knew I was bi, I did some of that douchery myself. It's really the idea that "gay people are fine, it's just that like I'm pretty sure none of us are gay, so we can pull off a joke like that. Just like how some people make jokes about the holocaust, because none of us went through it, but were sorry for them Jews though"(actual quote sort of from my friend). My suggestion, don't come out right now. Make sure your family IS accepting. Same thing with your friends. Also, try to talk to a counselor or somebody like that in your school, they might help.

Best of luck and wishes!

3. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    coming here was a good first step. EC is full of very supportive people who can help you with your problems/doubts/anything else you need help with. (&&&)

As for the family and friends making gay jokes, I know where your coming from.

For me it helped to find that one friend that I knew was accepting and would not out me to everyone, but still listen when I needed someone to talk to. If you have a friend like this then find a way, when you are ready, to tell them about the problem your facing. If you don't think you have a friend like this I would recommend double checking, you might not have noticed before how that one friend doesn't participate in making gay jokes, or doesn't laugh that hard or something like that.

I wish you well on your journey of self discovery and hope that you get the help you need here at EC. :thumbsup: (ok, that sounded a bit weird in my head, like insulting, if it comes off that way I didn't mean it.)