1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I must've missed the memo...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ruby Dragon, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ...where they tell you that coming out isn't necessarily the hardest part.

Yesterday was a wonderful day for me, in that I finally had my first date and got a kiss out of it too. But it had a terrible anti-climax later on...

I got cornered by both my parents as well as my sister and got the whole "being gay is wrong, against our religion, God created Adam and Eve - a MAN and a WOMAN, if God wanted you to love a woman, He would've made you a man, blah blah blah" speech again :eusa_doh: I just sat there in silence and started crying. It hurts so much knowing that I will probably never have their support, or at least acceptance. Just when I think things are going better, they take 5 steps back again and we're back at square 1.

I prayed about it last night, asking for an answer, or if I can't get an answer, I want to be straight, what the homophobes deem "normal" and "natural"... I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel so isolated and alone. My sister even said she didn't want me to be a bad example for her daughter (2) and reminded me that her daughter thinks the world of me now. It hurts because I feel they want me to live a forced life with a man. Well, I would rather be all alone than be miserable with a man. It's taking its toll on me, draining me physically and emotionally. Yes, my health is suffering because of this. Why can't they see what they're doing to me? That they're actually driving a wedge between us with their harsh words and impossible expectations. My mom said if I should ever meet a girl, she will not allow me to bring her home. So that means one thing and one thing only: I have to move out. And that's depressing because I can't afford to. So I'm pretty much stuck with an extremely homophobic family and the pressures they exert upon me on a daily basis. It's getting to be a bit much :bang: :tears: :help:

2. AAASAS

Try throwing some Religion back in their face. Them abandoning you is not very Christian in any way shape or form.

I think if you can show them throw the Bible possibly that they are wrong maybe you could do it.

I don't know why Christian get their own Religion wrong, Religion is completely retarded and so based on blind following of written text you shouldn't be so hurt that someone who could be Religious could also be homophobic either. It's clearly a sign of their intelligence, anyone with any real grasp on reality doesn't believe in unproven heresay fairy tales. So if Religion is so important to them, try using it to show them how they are wrong, because they are even in the eyes of Christians. I don't remember seeing anything in the Bible that says "be a fuck face to your homosexual offspring".

Know and understand that it is just Religion that is getting in the way, it is a brainwashing mechanism for naive people. They don't hate you in their heart, they hate homosexuality in their retarded brains. I am sure their basic human instincts are telling them to love you, but when you think there is a hell, and such, it is easy to scare yourself into thinking otherwise.

It is a survival thing to them, they believe in the afterlife, and think God will smote you because he made you a homosexual just so you can have a shit life and never love anyone and so you can suffer and be forced to be heterosexual because it is a sin to have sex with the same gender Moses just forgot to carve that in; he was in a rush. They are morons, to them nothing else matters but pleasing a fake non existent spiteful douche bag that creates people in different ways but make laws so you can't act on your natural urges just so he can prove how powerful he is and pitiful you are, and how lucky you are to even be alive, because come on LIVING A SHIT LIFE is still living a life, and a shit life is better than no life(beg to differ).

Do you see how ridiculous their views are. They don't accept you because they're afraid of going to hell, or not being accepted in the Religious community, their religion has put your happiness lower on the level. To me I don't give a shit what any text says, humans are naturally awesome loving people that love eachother no matter what, it is social constructs that stop us from acting on this. If your parents weren't so afraid of a vengeful passive aggresive douche bag creator who gave us life only so we can praise him and feed his narcissistic views, than maybe they'd accept you. So the only thing you can do is use Religion to make them realize they're wrong.

Jesus died for our sins, but millions of soldiers died fighting the Nazis for our freedom, who do we praise more? Who suffered more? A few whippings and a betrayal from your friends; cry me a fucking river. Or having your gold fillings ripped out of your teeth, being stripped naked, raped in front of your village, and then watching your little sister and parents get shot(happened to my great grandma). Who really suffered for us? Christianity is warped, totally warped. So don't let it get to you, the majority of sane people don't hold the same views. Your family loves you, they just are too deep in the Bible to realize it, I know they do.

#2 AAASAS, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. To know knowledge, I don't believe there's anything in the Bible that says homosexuality is wrong. Even if it does, who wrote the Bible? Man...so therefore, your family's decision not to accept you isn't going to change how you truly feel. Please don't allow them to make you feel bad about being gay. People often think if they treat you a certain way you'll behave in a manner, which they think is ”normal.” But what the hell is normal these days?! It just upsets me because I had such a difficult time with accepting being gay and my religious beliefs; although I'm not really religious. Just follow your heart, you're grown, you don't have to answer to anyone.

Once you're out and on your own, I'm sure things will get better for you :slight_smile:

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for the replies.

I think the biggest problem here is, they fear I'm neglecting or casting my religion aside because of homosexuality. Well, I'm not. I'm still a Christian. And still gay. Why can't that work? Why does a person's sexuality have to dictate what you believe in and how you live your life? I still pray, I still read my Bible and I still go to church. Does that sound like someone who has cast her religion aside just because she's gay?

Don't think so.

Anyway, there are a few texts in the Bible (don't ask me where or what they are, don't know the Bible that well) that indirectly refers to homosexuality as a sin and this is where their minds got stuck. This is why they just cannot accept it. They fear that they will push God aside if they accept my sexuality and way of living.

I ask with tear-filled eyes: Why won't God turn me straight? I've prayed for Him to do so many times. If it's really so wrong, why can't He change me, and make me "pure"?

Perhaps that's what I should ask my parents. I just feel like I'm constantly in this battle with them and it's driving me insane :bang:

5. AAASAS

^
    Did you know the Bible has plenty more texts supporting the love of family, and accepting the differences of others.

The bible only ever rips on sodomy, which is butt sex, your a female, you can't even do that. So common, tell your parents they don't even know their own religion, and an atheist from Canada would like to show them up.

What text in the Bible says two chicks can't do it? It only ever says stuff about males, and why? Because men can rape other people, and that's not good, so you better write it to be a sin and scare others into not doing it.

Ask them to show you direct examples, ask them for proof not heresay. Question their knowledge of their own faith.

Also assert your faith to them, and that you are still Christian...etc, being gay doesn't mean you don't accept Jesus Christ, being an atheist or another religious denomination does.

6. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you seen this amazing speech by Mathew Vines? Long but worth it.
    He goes through those verses.

[YOUTUBE]ezQjNJUSraY[/YOUTUBE]

---------- Post added 6th Nov 2012 at 02:53 AM ----------

Also, (*hug*)

7. Toffee

Hear hear! :eusa_clap

---------- Post added 6th Nov 2012 at 02:20 PM ----------

Paul says so in Romans I 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

---------- Post added 6th Nov 2012 at 02:21 PM ----------

I am an atheist by the way.

8. Lewis

My posts aren't ever that helpful (and neither is this one!), but I just wanna comment on the 'God made a man and a woman'. Sure he did, but who said Adam wanted a woman and Eve wanted a man? They didn't have much of choice in the matter, even if they were gay.