1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technically, What "Sexuality" am I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheTeeJaii, Nov 6, 2012.

1. TheTeeJaii

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there!
    So, Normally I don't Succumb to the whole Labeling of Sexuality, but I've seen a lot of specific terms which seem to almost describe me:

Panromantic, Demisexual & Androsexual...

Lemme clear this up:

Broad category: Bisexual. But this doesn't reflect the balance between my feelings...

I like both Boys and Girls. That's definite. I have been in relationships with Girls before, but not a Guy, But I find guys much more attractive than girls. I want a boyfriend at the moment, but I am not against being with a girl (I started liking a girl a few months back, now liking a boy)

When it comes to "Relationships" I wouldn't mind having Straight/Gay relationships. But, Due to me never being with a guy, I really want to be with one, at least for the moment. I have had sexual relationships with a girl too, so I know I'm attracted in some way to both.
    But I prefer Guys..

So, is there a technical term for this? Or just Bisexual preferring Guys?
    Thanks for all your help
    TeeJaii
    -X-

2. dreamcatcher

Hmm... I'll try to give some good advice here but I apologize in advance if its sucky. Bisexuality is a very broad term for people who are attracted to both people of the same and opposite sex. This means that not all bisexual people have the same patterns of attraction. And what I mean by this is that some bisexual people are more interested in the opposite sex, although they still like the same sex whereas others are the opposite. Some people are roughly 50/50. Also from what I've read on a lot of threads here is that many bisexual people experience fluctuations in their attractions. As in sometimes they will be more into the opposite sex and other times more into the same-sex.

Therefore as long as you are attracted to both men and women (even if right now youre just interested in men) you would be considered bisexual. However, this is just a label. if you don't feel comfortable with identifying as bisexual then you definitely don't need to. You could use pansexual or queer or whatever other label you would like. All the labels do is communicate to the world how you feel in a simplified manner. And also, if you identify as bisexual and then one day feel the label doesn't fit due to more self discovery, then that's ok too. :slight_smile:

Anyways, hope that was helpful!

3. Toffee

It does sound like you are bisexual with a preference for guys yes

4. You're kinda like me except I'm into guys more than girls. I think you should just try not to label yourself.

5. TheTeeJaii

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alright, cool! this makes sense guys, thank you!
    I agree with the Labels being utter Bull, I mean, they don't make me "me" It's just an easier way of conveying feelings I guess =D

6. I completely understand that. It also helps you to understand yourself better. I get it.