1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Healing my relationship to men?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Koan, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Koan

Koan Guest

One of the things that is starting to pain me is my somewhat awkward relationship with men.

I am a bisexual male (though with no actual experience) and I am also a crossdresser. Despite my bisexual interest (probably around 2 on the Kinsey scale) I have never been able to develop emotionally intimate relations to men.

There are several different explanations.

One obvious problem for me is, that I generally view masculinity (and by association men) as something immature or even stupid. In some ways, I am probably what you could call a feminine man (though clearly masculine in some areas of my life). Mens inability (or unwillingness) to be vulnerable or sensitive makes it very hard for me to establish an emotional connection with them. Their unwillingness to contemplate their own gender(role) also frustrates me (this forum is a relief for me, because I can see that there are clearly men that are "different" from stereotypical masculinity).

I also wonder if I still have internalized homophobia that prevents me from connecting with men? How do I bring this to my awareness?

Anyway, I feel like I am rambling. Is this something anyone has experienced also? Any advice or comments?

2. TheTeeJaii

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't had a similar experience, But I do have some advice.

I advise that you don't think too hard! Most guys who are straight will act manly to impress their friends and get girls. If those kinds of guys are your thing, then there are plenty of guys who aren't afraid to be themselves and show their sensitive side!

I hope that helps =D

I don't think you'd have sub-lining homophobia, i mean, If you were angry towards guys, or gays, then possibly, but you personally identify as bisexual, So I wouldnt worry there =]

3. Koan

Koan Guest

I assume a "not" was missing? In case so, I think you are right. Now I think about it, I may have missed many sensitive authentic men.

I think I need to look more, instead of just confirming my own biases against men.

You're probably right. In any case, it would be rather subtle.