1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I come out to my parents next year...How should I start?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JustRyanandMe, Nov 6, 2012.

1. I am just...I don't know. I'm constantly thinking everyday on how I should come out to my parents. I've seen multiple guys on YouTube come out live to their parents. They make it look a little easy from my view. I know they told me once before that they'll love me no matter what, including my sexuality. I'm just scared about what'll happen. And also how should I start the conversation? Should I, like, bring up their opinions on gay rights then leading into the subject that I'm gay? Or should I slowly start a random conversation and then in the middle where I ask "Umm...Mom/Dad, you said you'll love me no matter what, right?" I'm also afraid that after I come out to them, they'll start to treat me a little differently. Like, they'll treat me differently than they currently are right now. Any advice on what to do? :help: What if I they react in a way I don't know how to respond to? Please I need help :help:

2. All Star

All Star Guest

What I did:
    My family and friends were all at a big lunch together. Everybody was talking, and I just asked for everyone's attention. I told them I was gay, and everything was generally positive. I say, just go for it! Don't be ashamed of who you are! :slight_smile: :grin: