1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DESPERATELY need more opinions!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jman960, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Jman960

Out Status:
    A few people
    A few weeks ago a friend from work brought me home after a night out with some co-workers. I had a few drinks, wasn't drunk but wasn't capable of driving either. When we pulled in my driveway i was saying something and the minute i stopped for air, he grabbed me by my shirt and starting making out with me. I kissed him back because deep down i had always wanted that experience. After he kissed me, it went much further and involved us spending the night together. He is very attractive and is out and has been for quite a few years. The part that is bothering me is what is going on inside his head?

I had asked him to meet me for a drink after work a few days later to talk to him and he agreed. When we met up we had a beer, had a few laughs, and shared a few things in common. I then asked him what made him come on to me the way he did. He told me that he could see it in me at work and instead of asking me he figured he'd "go big or go home". He even went on to say that if he got punched in the face and i jumped out of the car then so be it. He also went on to say he honestly didn't have anything going on that night. What the hell does that even mean?

Was he really just curious if i was gay?? Is he interested in me? I've never known anyone who just kissed someone for the hell of it. Is this a common gay thing (no offense, as i'm questioning myself!). I really want to get in his head and figure out what is going on. We see each other at work every day, and it hasn't been awkward. I've texted him a lot as he has been my resource to whats going on in my life. Out of all the texts we've sent back and forth, yesterday was the first time he texted me first and i was beside myself; It literally made my day.

So what i can't figure out is if there is potential for more? There is some space between us at work and i don't know if that's because he wants to keep it professional or if he's giving me space to figure myself out. I can't stop thinking about him and am terrified to make a move later on and lose him forever.

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Gen

Gen

Well, I think you are overthinking it a bit, which is understandable with knew circumstances. He probably did just as he said and went out on a whim. I wouldnt say it is a homosexual thing, I myself have seem many men try to go in for a kiss with women and get rejected. Sometimes people just go for it :grin:.

If you are always thinking about him and afraid to lose him, I would just recommend that you talk to him. Call him and be honest. There is nothing to lose.

4. Jman960

Out Status:
    A few people
    How do you bump an old thread? Still new to this

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You just make a post asking for more opinions. :wink:

6. O_O Even, I'm going to start doing that. :grin:

7. Jman960

Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally agree with you about going in for the kiss and getting rejected. But have you ever known anyone to do that and have no intentions whatsoever? That's the part i can't wrap my head around

8. Lewis

In my opinion, I think he does like you. Why would he take such a huge risk to kiss you when he could have easily been rejected. Just let it take its course and see what happens :slight_smile:

9. Zillion

Zillion Guest

Wow that took some balls and obviously he's really into you. I would stick with this dude and let it go it's course like the other guy said... especially since you like him. If he's a little too aggressive, tell him. He's probably trying to figure out how much you like him with stuff like 'didn't have anything going on that night.' lolz - that's a good one...

10. Jman960

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's the response I keep getting, but then why doesn't he try to hang out with me....at all? I am always texting him or stopping by his desk at work. When he walks by i look out of the corner of my eye to see if he's looking over at me..nothing. If he's into me, why are there no other signs? I have done everything in my power to get his attention, and it's not working. I told him i'd like to buy him dinner for everything and he agreed, but hasn't told me when or where or anything like that for that matter. Am I missing something here?? I'm so lost...

11. Zillion

Zillion Guest

There are a lot of possible reasons for this but honestly, I think it's most likely you. Your profile says you are questioning your sexuality and not very secure yet? I can tell you this - he is most likely protecting himself but... he obviously likes you a lot though by all the previous drama. But yea, I am like this with guys who are not very secure about their sexuality. He's probably afraid you will change your mind and run away...

12. Jman960

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes that's the best way to put it for now. But don't get me wrong, I would totally date him. Maybe I am a little on edge because this is all new to me. Now that I think about it, when we talked I kept saying whatever I decide (straight or gay) but its pretty obvious which way its going to go. I just don't want to "assume" he likes me, but then again he did make a move on me. I've just never felt something so strong for someone before and that alone terrifies me.

13. Zillion

Zillion Guest

Look him in the eye the next time he walks past. He is probably not considering you seriously. Find something in common with this guy and study up on it so you have something to talk about. From the what I've read, he got what he wanted from you and a whole lot more which is sometimes not good. If you like this guy, I would be very open and talk with this guy and get to know him well. Keep the communication going. You'll find out if he's still interested. If the communication lines are down, do not be a creeper; isn't going to work.

#13 Zillion, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  14. Jman960

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's not a bad idea, i need to find more in common with us so that our conversations aren't as short as they are. I'm feeling better about the situation a little bit, been coming out to some more people and it's starting to become easier. Thanks everyone for your advice, it's definitely been useful!