1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of about ten thousand threads about a crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Robin, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Robin

There's this guy at my school who I have been crushing on for the past two years. He's two years younger than me, but I just wanted to be with him when I first saw him. I want to form a relationship, but I just have a few problems with getting to know him or doing so.

First of all, we talk sometimes, but we're not friends. I only have one class in school with him, and we don't ever get past small talk. (ex. A TV show, or a funny internet reference)

Second, I can't concentrate in the class at times because I'm thinking about him so much. :dry:

Third, I have no idea how form a friendship. Friendships have always evaded me. :icon_sad:

Fourth, I don't even know if he's gay, but he has nothing on facebook saying that he has any preference toward girls or guys, so I'm lost. There's nothing that points to him being gay.

Fifth, I don't know how to ask anyone out...never have.

The last thing is kind of my own problem. I'm really attracted to him, and I really like him, but I'd be embarrassed to be dating him. He's not the best looking person, and I keep wondering what others will think. I keep trying to tell myself that this shouldn't matter, but it does to me for some reason. :tears:

I REALLY like this guy, but I haven't gotten anywhere within the past two years. I feel this unbearable tension between us, but I could just be imagining that. Probably am. Thing is, I've never had feelings like this before. I couldn't have them with girls, and I repressed them for every guy I liked up until I accepted myself just a few months ago. I don't know how to deal with this. I'm new to everything. :bang: Can anyone give me some advice?

2. Robin

I'm sorry if this thread sounds cynical at all, or if it's strange. I kind of just wrote and this is what came up. I hope I didn't weird anyone one out. :icon_sad:

3. chelshy

Dont worry love no freaking out hear. Maybe you could slip in a convo about gay people see what he says and go from there.

Example..

So I was researchin so and so and found out they are gay.

Sorry I am not much help... I tend to ramble on not knowing what im saying till im done. So i get the sitting down to write and getting something that yiu didnt intend.

4. HeyBeard

Hey Friend :grin: I am actually in the same situation you are, except the fact that I just found out my crush just broke up with a girlfriend :L But hey, in your case, I would just spectate for a bit, find out some common interests and see if he takes notice. Me and my crush actually started talking because of a band haha. He saw that I had Parkway Drive as my background and he approached me and we talked for a good two hours. Now we are friends on Facebook and we frequently hang out.

Basically, just keep an eye out, and when the time finally does come that you guys get into a good conversation and you find out how he truly feels, that is when you can decide to go for the relationship, or to just be good friends :grin:

I hope I helped, from experience, this is what I can tell ya, Good Luck, my friend!

5. Robin

I tried giving a hint today by mentioning all of the new gay rights laws passed recently, since the group was talking about the election, but no one heard me. I got pretty shy.

I'd also like to tell a little story that I forgot to mention.

I was once at a school dance, and this guy showed up. After a while, I started looking around at other relationships and then looking at him and it all came crashing down and I had to leave the dance due to depression. This is the kind of stuff that comes over me when I'm around him. Once again, I've never had feelings like this for anyone ever. It's messing with me, and I feel like an obsessive weirdo...:icon_sad:

6. HeyBeard

Don't feel like a weirdo haha, I thought that about myself too. Really all we can do is wait, if we try and rush things, it will only hurt us in the end when we get the truth. Being infatuated with someone is perfectly normal, especially someone you admire. If it comes down to it and you know that you won't stand a chance with him, just do your best to block him out. I hate to sound harsh, but its better than hurting yourself over and over again.

It might even be good if you could take a break if you know what I mean, settle down and try and meet someone else that you have something in common with, this could possibly help you when it comes to talking or starting a conversation.

I have always been really bad at talking to people that I don't know well or that I like, what really helped me was a promotional job for a said product. When you are required to talk to people you are not familiar with, it comes off a lot easier in the longer run.

Sorry if i got off topic a little, but just keep trying bro, and know that we are all here to listen to what you have to say, never feel alone or weird, we cannot control how we feel towards someone, it's natural :grin: Let us know how it goes :slight_smile: