1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever felt aimless in life?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by teluphone, Nov 6, 2012.

1. teluphone

When i say aimless, i mean feeling regretful for not making a better choice and at the same time uncertain about which path youre heading and where you actually want to head. The strained family ties, my less than interesting university studies, the inner emptiness from my sexuality etc.

I really wished there was more to life than this and i really wish i knew where my life was heading

2. Yuliya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think till last summer I felt that my life is aimless, I had a feeling that I disappointed everyone: me parents, my family and my friends. They all said thet I had such big potential but for me this meant anything...

3. bluey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've felt more aimless than not. I'm afraid that's probably a big part of life, mate haha. No but seriously there's no guidebook for where our lives are supposed to head. Trust me on the regret part, I've questioned so many of my decisions that its left me depressed/angry for months and that never gets me anywhere. I've been in the habit of pursuing happiness from this point out, otherwise what's the purpose of this one shot wet get at life

4. Sweet Witch

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I felt this way for about two years straight. I was doubting my career path, where I was, who I was associating with and I just felt like I was going absolutely nowhere. Like everyone around me was going somewhere and knew it and I was just kinda floundering about and everything I did was pointless. It doesn't seem like it gets better but honestly it does. I had a huge epiphany about 6 months ago where I realized that life is really only the moment you're in and there's not really a point in life where it's impossible to change you're direction. Find happiness in the moment and take any and all opportunities no matter how random they seem and one day you'll realize you've found your right path. And regret gets you nowhere. Just worry about how you'd like to learn from your experiences for the future.

5. teluphone

Yeah i kinda do question whether "it truly gets better" big time. Might move back to Melbourne one day considering it was my first home before Singapore

6. Sweet Witch

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's a tough situation too because no matter what anyone says, it's hard to really see that future point when youre in the midst of it all. Take it one day at a time and make you're own happiness your top priority. Distract yourself and do anything you need to to feel alright for the day. I've struggled with depression before too so I know how hard it can be. Feel free to message me if you ever wanna talk about anything.

7. AAASAS

I feel the exact same and I haven't even started university.

Try focusing on being happy. One day it just clicks in your head that focusing on the exact moment you are in is a lot more easy to handle than worrying about your future.

8. bluey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    that's wild i'm moving back to melb in a few weeks.

9. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes, all the time, especially as I get older.

10. jaysuss

I know just how you feel. I don't know what i want anymore so i just refuse to do anything.

11. sunnii

not in terms of making the wrong decision but over a year ago i felt like my life had 0 direction i was at a course at college i didnt like and knew i'd fail if i continued, had no life outside college, had no job.

Now I have a job, great friends, can drive, have had more of a life in the pasty year than i have in the previous 19

12. teluphone

Haha i don't even have an Australian accent anymore, I have a mix of Singaporean, American and China accent. my old school friends would probably say i have changed a lot.

The thing about me is i have good sense not to do the bad stuff whenever i feel like i'm spiralling down (drugs, alcohol, gambling), but i often have a stoner face since i like to stare blankly into space when i need the quiet thinking

13. teluphone

I honestly wish there were answers to my life. I can't really talk about this stuff to my so called friends since they are so entangled with themselves all the time

14. Valarie

Valarie Guest

yep,
    feel like i dont know what to do, well know my end goal, sort of (job related to my degree and be myself)
    but no clue how to do it or what to do, etc.

15. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know how it feels, smetimes i spent some days in bed, feeling no reason to wake up. It seemed like no one wanted to hang out with or around me but 3 1/2 years later, my life seems to have some direction i have a few good friends, i'm working and the future seems brighter. It's hard to beleive, i know, but it does get better.