1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next step

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Randi, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Randi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have had the urge to cross-dress and wear make up since i was in JH & HS. I used to sneak into my sisters room and my mothers cosmetics and try on clothes and makeup. I never perused this on a regular basis after HS or college but lately (the past year)I have been feeling much more "girly" deep down and started shaving my legs and arm pits and buying women's clothes and make up and wake up in the morning wanting to start the day as a girl would. I go online and watch makeup, fashion, hair videos every time i have the chance and when watching TV I am intrigued by what women are wearing and how their hair and makeup look. I have had more friends that were girls then the guys you would call "buddies." I am a caring, sensitive, loving person who has always put the other persons feelings first. I have three or four women friends that call me for relationship advice and this has been going on since HS. I consider myself a straight single male and have never been married but have only had five or six girl friends in the past 20 years and those relationships have never lasted. I am curious about what your thoughts are and is this something I need to address and how would you suggest me proceed.

2. Jim1454

Hi, and welcome to EC.

I'm not sure what you're really asking. I think you're wondering whether or not you might be gay or even transgender because of your desire to dress like a woman.

Having a desire to cross dress doesn't necessarily have anything to do with your orientation. And it certainly doesn't mean that you're transgender.

So if that's your question, you really need to look at things separately. Being gay means that you're attracted to the same sex. You don't indicate that you are. Or is there more you haven't shared here? Being transgender means you feel you are really a woman in a man's body. Typically you would have felt a discomfort about your physical appearance as a man - but you haven't really indicated that either.

So based on what you've shared, you're a straight man who likes cross dressing.

If that's what you like to do, go for it! But if that doesn't seem to really fit the bill, then maybe there ARE other things going on that you need to explore.

3. Randi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Jim,

I guess the more I continue crossdressing the more I feel like I act and feel more a girl then boy by looking at how things naturally come to me. I seem to be able to completely transform mentally when i am Enfemme and it almost feels like its just 'Right" like its really who i am or meant to be. I'm very new at this and would really like input on how others started and how they learned what real feelings were and how to live peacefully with them or confront them as the case may be.

I guess the crossdresser in me is the driving force and the other feelings are just strong urges brought on by the crossdressing. I have always been intuitive about other peoples thoughts and feeling but when it comes to mine i'm feeling a bit confused.

Randi

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Reading through your thread, and just wondering, have you ever had deeper thoughts on 'what would it be like to be a female?' - beyond cross-dressing and feeling 'girly.'

5. Randi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, I would have to say i have pondered the thought many times of being out and transitioning journey and what friend (girl) could help me with my journey and would she want to understand. The thought of waking up in the morning with the physical attributes of being a women excite me. I wake up and feel my soft skin and hairless body and for a moment i think i wish i had longer highlighted hair with so I could feel it on my shoulders, More arched brows so when i looked into the mirror I would see some semblance of a women's appearance that matches my thoughts, more woman's clothes instead of the drab mens wear in my closet, the different looks i could create with all the colors and accessories of fashion, the beautiful unending palettes that exist in make up and nail colors,... Wow!...ok, I guess I never really wrote out my exact feelings before..Hummm.. I think my creative artistic self is surfacing..lol. Well i guess that is a start for now. Thanks for geeting me started.