1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAmiley

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chelshy, Nov 7, 2012.

1. chelshy

Okay so i have finaly came out to my self and one friend official and dropped hints to other freinds. But how to telll my familey? I.... Some I do know would be suportive and have said as much when other people thought I was lesbian. Others would suport me i think but not think im right. I just....I have had a hard life lots of crap has happend that.... Well iv had familey say its a mirical im not a drug addict or prostitute. That makes yu fell good doesnt it so ever suportive.

I want to tell people in my familey but I. Am unsure as to how.

And do I have to tell my familey can i just pretend to be straight and not Bi?

I am unsure if i told and they hated me.... I cant deal with being abandoned by my familey after all the crap.i have gone through.:bang:

2. Keelin

"Those who matter don't care, and those who care don't matter."

Hey Chelshy, I'm really sorry about your family saying those things to you...

A good way to come out is to write a basic letter. Write down EXACTLY how you feel, and your fears of losing them, and just give it to them. There is no way they can interrupt a letter, whereas if you were talking to them, they could cut into what you're trying to say. The only downside to letters are the fact that because you aren't speaking, your tone can be interpreted differently, so you just have to be careful if you do it this way.

As for the quote above, just remember that in this world, family is one of the few things we can almost always count on, and if they are really are your family, they should support you regardless of being Gay, Lesbian, Bi, or Transgender. Tell them how afraid you are to lose them.

You don't necessarily have to come out to them if you don't want to, or at least not now. Just remember though, if you find someone you really love, and that person is a girl, secret relationships always become rough. One partner wants to announce it publicly, while the other may still be in the closet. So you just have to be really, really careful.

The best

~K

3. chelshy

Thank you keelin I am greatful. While Io have just admitted to me I like guys and girls iv struggled since I was in Jr. High but never admitted it I ingnored it because my familey is southern baptis and so for a while while I was suportive og Lgbt I did not necisewraly agree it was right. But I cant lie to myself anymore. So here I am finally admitting I am BI and its okay to me if that makes sence