1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I keep checking out every guy :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Aquilo, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Aquilo

Oke, this might be a bit silly..

So since I came out to myselves (maybe a year, or half a year), I suddenly start to check out every guy to see if he's cute and if he might be gay and it's starting to get really annoying. It's annoying cause it seems to happen everytime I go shopping for food and such, it's hard to remember what you were shopping for with all the distraction. I didn't have this much before (Although I think when I was 13 I had the same with girls but can't really remember much from that time). Is this normal? :/

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, that is completely normal. I know I constantly check guys out everywhere I go. I'd say everyone checks people out..

3. Aquilo

It's a bit weird for me.. Before I went through life constantly daydreaming and looking at architecture, plants between the pavement, the sky and maybe in rare cases the shops/merchandise, not really noticing anyone around me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you said you've been doing it since you've come out, so maybe now you are allowing yourself that freedom to be more attracted to guys. :wink:

5. Jared

As soon as I came out to myself I started checking out every remotely cute guy and wondering if he is gay. I think it's normal since straight guys spend a lot of checking out girls so why would us gay/bi be any different.

6. TheAMan

Yes it is and I still do this to an extent.

7. timo

This sounds like something I could have written. Started when I first came out half a year ago. It seems pretty normal to me :slight_smile:

8. Took My Youth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Exactly the same here, I started looking at every girl because it felt like freedom - I could finally find girls attractive without being ashamed of it.

9. Average89

But don't make it obvious either... unless thats what your going for. There are downfalls for that tho ex. getting beat up, ridiculed in public. This is where you learn how to read body language my friend... its the trick to spot things that some people dont know. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: have fun

10. Hart

Hart Guest

Yeah... I am constantly checking people out. Still being in the closet, it's almost a bit of an obsession. Every guy I see I run through a split-second information processing of

hey - a human! male or female?
    male! attractive enough/age appropriate?
    early 20s? perfect. initiate gaydar...

...yeahhh... he just LOOKS straight.

(Proceed to stalk for as long as possible.)

Seriously, everyone. All the time. I can't help it, and it's actually really annoying.
    I miss not being interested.

11. Hazel

It sounds like simple curiosity. Where the mind goes, the eyes follow?

12. Nemos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know exactly how you feel man, I constantly check guys out and I can't help it

13. silkfrog1292

This is, I used to be like that too, before i came out to myself I spent most of my day buried in a book and not caring about things around me, people or otherwise. But after i realised i was gay, things took a drastic turn and I started lusting after any remotely attractive guy on the street. It gets annoying and distracting, but it does down after a while.

I think the things is our near total lack of interest in other people (same sex or otherwise) was due to some sort of internal repression that prevents us from ever seeing a fellow being in a "humane" light. Once the lid is off though, these feelings and thoughts would resurface. Since they're repressed for so long, they would rebound with a vengeance. I think it'll die down after a short while

14. Joey4

Normal.

When you used to resist, it was easier to discipline yourself and stay focused. Now that you're allowing yourself, you find yourself doing it more. It'll become normal after awhile.

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I constantly check out, plus in a way when you come out it kinda restarts your adolescence in a way. So just like straight guys check out girls allllll the freaking time when they're growing up, now that you've accepted yourself now ur more or less just checking out every guy around lol.

16. Joey4

17. yes

yes

haha this is brilliant!
    i do the same thing. i thought i was going a bit mental... but it seems common. and i also miss not caring at all, for anyone...

18. TheDifferent13

The exact same thing is happening to me. I started accepting myself about a year ago, and for the last couple of months, I'm seeing cute guys everywhere :lol:. I almost can't control it anymore either. Like the other day, that I was in a mall with my brother and sister (mind that I'm not out yet at all), there was this guy that passed us by, over 6'5, extremely handsome and that manly look on his face, so my eyes just locked on him and I couldn't look away. Luckily him or my siblings didn't notice :lol:

It's exactly what Lance said. We're finally allowing ourselves to be attracted to guys (or girls), without feeling guilty about it.

#18 TheDifferent13, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012