1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and Scared

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SapphireFlames, Nov 7, 2012.

1. SapphireFlames

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So i've always been open to liking people of the same gender, I always told myself that 'I'll like who I like, regardless of skin, gender, beliefs, etc'. But now that I like someone of the same gender...I don't feel right. My close friends have always known that i'm open to liking girls as well as boys, and I just told my mom a few hours ago that I like a girl. She was really accepting and told me that it's okay and no matter what I just need to stay true to myself, and don't let anyone get me down. I just don't accept myself. I feel awkward, gross, ashamed, and all those other crappy emotions. If I feel this way about myself, i'm scared others secretly do too. I keep telling myself 'I don't like girls. You don't like her', but I really do. I like her so much. She's beautiful, funny, sweet...and it's a damn lie to say I feel nothing for her. I just wish I didn't. I don't like to say i'm 'bisexual', I don't like how it sounds...And I don't like to say it out loud. I know I like girls though and I know it's not a phase. Please...how do I accept myself? I know the only way i'll allow others to accept it is by accepting it myself.​
    :eusa_liar

[Sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors, I didn't check for them.]

2. FunnyMonkey

Hi, well you have come to the right place EC is a wonderful place to start accept yourself.
    First don't feel awkward, gross, ashamed etc I know that easier said then done. but your friend/family care about you. as you get comfortable with your sexuality others will too.
    If you don't like the term bisexual then don't use it , you don't have to pick a label if you don't want to. just know that you are who you are.

3. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

Honestly, it's one thing to say you are open to it and another to actually experience it. Not only is it different but it's kind of scary. But you are actually in a great place to learn to accept it. Everyone around you is accepting of it so you're starting out ahead of many others in your situation. The important thing to remember is that you don't have to label yourself. I was in the same place as you and I got through it. So can you. Keep your head up and if you need someone one to talk to, I'll listen. Good luck (*hug*)

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how you feel because I've experienced those same emotions. I used to be very ashamed because I liked women, but I've learned that there's nothing to be ashamed of. You're very lucky to have supportive people around you. My family/friends are supportive, but I still have a difficult time accepting who I am. I kinda started questioning myself again, because I'm open to the idea of falling in love with anyone, regardless of gender. However, I am more attracted to women, always have been. EC is very comforting, so you've come to the right place. Just take things one day at a time, but make sure your thoughts are happy/positive. I know how easy it is to feel down about being gay/bisexual. You're lucky to be able to fall in love with a girl or a guy. Women are absolutely beautiful, so what's not to love? And men are just as amazing, but unfortunately, I cannot fall in love with a man. You can however, I think you should embrace your feelings. I know it's not easy, but it gets better & easier as time passes :slight_smile: