1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what to do when

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chelshy, Nov 7, 2012.

1. chelshy

Your eight year old neice whom you adore says things like being gay or lesbian or bi is gross. Then asks you if you are and you havent come out yet.

Me I lies nope not bi i like boys...

But that hurt and scared me my heart dropped to my toes.

Or what to do when your brother says how beingnot straight is wrong and agaist the bible.

Do I ignore it or what? Now I my plans of telling them or shot because im afraid they would kick me out.

And dangit my 13 year old neic came home saying all her friends turned lesbian. I told her honestly they are likely doing it because they want to be cool. Mayby one or two of her group is. They only started saying this because the older sis of one is BI. I saw that all through school the oh your gay so am i. Band wagon. Any of yall delt with that? Anyway worried if its anytime soon me comeing out then she will think im doing it because they are.:bang:

2. santaberry

You don't have to come out but you also can take the moment to be a teacher to someone at a very impressionable age. Inquire as to why it's gross and delve into their psyche a bit and then lead them into the discussion that we need to be weary of hurting people's feelings with our own thoughts and that we need to respect everyone equally no matter what their lifestyle may be. Treat others the way you wish to be treated.

3. chelshy

Thanks aprently I double posted this my second post. Has the rest of what i was saying. I did that I explained to her people can love who ever it doesnt matter as long as they are happy