1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guilty feeling?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by myh1tlist101, Nov 8, 2012.

1. myh1tlist101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi hi,

I have come to terms with the fact that I am aroused by other guys as well as girls about a year ago however I noticed that I feel really guilty (like really, really guilty) when I have sexual thoughts about girls as opposed to feeling uplifted and fine thinking sexual thoughts about guys. At the same time I tend to have more romantic thoughts about women but when it comes to sex there is an overwhelming preference. Can anybody explain?

Also I have a crush on a girlfriend of mine and I am not sure if I should go ahead and ask her out or wait until I got everything sorted out. I never had a relationship before or done anything with anyone (I'm 15 but in no rush to have sex) if that matters. I recently came out to my dad as bisexual but he kinda just said I should wait until I'm older before making a decision and that he would prefer if I married a woman (bummer).

Cheers and Much Thanks,

~Prashanth Panicker

2. myh1tlist101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Also when it comes to sexual thoughts about girls when I have them it is onl for about a minute before I am turned off and start to feel guilty. Ack!

3. Bree

I wonder if you're struggling with the "not gay enough" guilt? Subconsciously invalidating your bisexual inclinations because you want to be confidently one or the other?

4. GayWithGlasses

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Confused isn't the right word. But it is about finding out who you really are.
    It's kinda good because I can completely relate to you, as I am 15 also. Don't ever feel that you have to be one or the other, I am bisexual but who I fall in love with just depends on who is there at the time, I don't have to be specifying myself into who I should have feelings for - just accepting them!

Trust me, there is going to be a day when it just clicks. Preferences can change, who knows, in a years time I could be a lesbian. Sometimes it's just how things go.
    We are young! We are allowed to experiment!

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

5. myh1tlist101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    "Not gay enough guilt" care to elaborate? Seems interesting I didn't know that was real. I guess the subconscious is as powerful as people say it is.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2012 at 04:38 PM ----------

There was a period of my life where I tried to do everything in my power (a whole lot of gay bashing that I wish I could take back) to convince myself (and others) that I didn't like guys (my friends "teased" me about it but truth be told they didn't actually make fun of me because I was supposedly gay but because they said I fit the stereotype). After my mom found out about what my friends said she did everything in her power to get me to "walk, talk, and act like a man". I be myself at school and people still ask me/make fun of me in that typical gay bashing brosef way (it's alright because they usually stop if they find out and few people in my area are actually against gays; I live in a VERY liberal high income area) but I fail to see why.

Sorry for the block of text I know these are a pain to read.