1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well... That Just Happened

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Serephina, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Serephina

Hey there everyone :grin: how y'all doin'? Good? Is it warm there, wherever you are? Will you share your warmness with me? I live in Canada and I'm currently having the treck through a foot of snow just to get to school ): it's a fail. So. Yeah. Enough rambling I suppose.

I'm new here, obviously. I guess I should tell you about myself, hmm? I've known that I'm bisexual for a long time. I don't know when I realized it... I just suddenly realized I liked looking at girls as much as I did guys. I mean, I'm only seventeen, so I haven't "liked" looking at anyone, of the same sex or not, for very long. But yeah. You get the point.

But see, lately I've been thinking. Of the few boyfriends I've had, as soon as the relationship passed the platonic "kissing" stage, I got awkward. Even the kissing was awkward. I swiped the V card with my last boyfriend, and after that it was just meaningless sex, and I hated myself more than ever. I did some stupid stuff, started cutting, drinking, and other self-destructive behaviors... all because of this one boy. I was a mess, to say the least. When we broke up, it was like I didn't know what to do with myself. It was kinda terrible.

But now, I'm thinking. I know I'm bisexual. But what if I reach a point in my life where I just don't want to be with guys anymore? Is it just because I've had bad experiences with members of the opposite sex? Or is this just who I am?

I'm a tad confused, as you can see. But I guess that's why a lot of us are here, hmm? So yeah. I want to try being with a girl, but living in a crappy little town like I do, there is no LGBT community, nor is there any sort of support. I know a few girls who are lesbians, and even more that are bisexual, but I'm friends with most of them, and they're all taken as far as I know. So yeah. Can't exactly "figure it out" this way.

And the icing on the cake? My father's one of those bigots who believe sexuality is a choice. And my mother, I told her I was bisexual once, and she just laughed. And when I gave her a serious face, she laughed again and told me none of my female friends could come over now. And I was like, "Mom. I haven't jumped them yet, I highly doubt I will any time in the future". And she just shrugged. I haven't brought it up yet.

Yep. So. I guess that's me, and why I'm here. Hi again :grin:

Now bye -waves-

- Sera

2. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

Hey sees. Welcome to EC! I'm from Cali and it's still pretty warm here so let's trade weather for a bit. I love the snow but rarely get to actually experience it.
    Anyhow, on to your bigger problem. The first thing I want to know is if you're still hurting yourself. If you are, please find someone you can trust to help you.
    On the subject of maybe only liking girls, that's ok. You might but you also might like a guy down the road. The awesome thing about being young is getting to explore those feelings. And you are definitely not alone with unsupportive parents. I still have not told mine because they have made their stance perfectly clear. But everything isn't bad. I have awesome friends that totally accept me and dogtooth I haven't found that special someone yet, I'm sure I will and you will too. :slight_smile:
    So now that I have completely rambled... Just keep your head up andyou will always have people to listen to you here

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Well would it be so bad if you reached a stage where you don't want to be with guys anymore? If it did, I would have a feeling it had more to do with who you are than bad experiences. Straight girls have bad experiences with guys all the time but they just find another one. So I'm inclined to think that if you do end up not feeling guys in the future it's cause you never really were meant to.

4. Elizabeth101

Well maybe you just need a rest from all this and just concentrate on something other than sexuality for a lil while and you may see things more clearly or differently

5. Serephina

@Geek Don't worry, rambling is my life ^^ Thanks for all the advice, and to answer your question ; I'm trying not to do it any more. Sometimes it gets bad, and other times it gets better. I haven't in a few weeks, mostly since I moved out of my father's house and into my Mom's apartment, so I'm hoping to continue the good streak :slight_smile: Oh and hell yes we can trade weather!

@Nix Definitely some good advice there. Thanks! :3

@Elizabeth Yep, sounds like a good idea to me haha. Thanks c:

6. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

I'm happy you are doing better and hope it does continue. Just remember that people care about you and don't want you to get hurt so if you feel like you are going to start again, please find someone who can help. I realize it can't always be your parents but some adult you can trust.
    And by the way, if you ever just want to talk, even just to complain about the weather :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, feel free to post on my wall. :slight_smile:

7. Serephina

@Geek ^^ Alright, I'll remember that. Thanks you muchly c:​