1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The rumors are spreading...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayWithGlasses, Nov 9, 2012.

1. GayWithGlasses

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't get it. What is the big deal? Yeah I am bisexual, but it doesn't mean that I fancy every single person in the room!

I have told people who I would trust anything with, but I have doubts.

Anything from a simple joke or to a rude remark about homosexuals gets under my skin, and now I am thinking that it is all my friends fault as before things like that never would of been said, or I just haven't noticed it before?

One of my closest friends, keeps telling me that I over think things and result in making things worse, but I can't help it! Also due to the fact that rumors have been going around school about him, hasn't really made things any better...

I have made two options, let the rumors get to me or beat them to it. "I am bisexual."
    But I don't think I am ready to do that yet...

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

An unfortunate fact about schools is that people apparently are more interested in others' lives than taking care of their own. I wouldn't even acknowledge them, and if someone does confront you saying "Well people are saying so and so" I would just be like, "It's funny how people are more concerned with what I'm doing than with their own lives."

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Maybe try standing in front of a mirror and say out loud to yourself: "I am going to beat them to it, I am bisexual," and try to gauge how you feel. You might feel more comfortable than you are giving credit to yourself.

Over thinking things, can lead to even more doubts, and perhaps anxiety. You have already come out to a few people, how did you feel afterward? How has your coming out gone so far?

In some ways coming out, and just being yourself, might also help to stop spreading the rumors, and you might end up feeling better overall as well, because then you are no longer carrying 'the secret' around.

4. GayWithGlasses

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Coming out to people has really helped me because now I feel that the bonds between us are stronger than ever, but now I have to put even more trust into that person.
    At first it felt like I had gone back into reception where you had to own up to wetting yourself, it's uncomfortable for you and then you feel embarrassed because you need to tell someone, but luckily that phase has passed!

I feel comfortable with myself and the people who know, it's just everyone else who is the problem. I can't even click a few buttons on Facebook to change my "interested in" box.
    If I am comfortable, why am I finding it so hard to do?

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Maybe a part of you is afraid of 'losing control' over who knows, and who does not. But with time, as you get used to the idea of others knowing, the more comfortable you will be with having it out there.

It is already very good that coming out has helped you and that you have received acceptance. This will help you in gaining that level of being comfortable with other (everyone) knowing.

6. GayWithGlasses

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    YES YES that is exactly it! How did I not see this before?
    Knowing that I might lose control is the problem here, when in reality I know that is not an option. Thank you so so much!