1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Made Up My Mind To Come Out! i hope

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MatthewJS, Nov 10, 2012.

1. MatthewJS

Next month, my brother, Jesse, girlfriend, Frances, is coming i MIGHT come out to her and she is coming in on christmas eve. And i want to come out to my parents on my b-day but i want to to tell them sooner so i can stop lying to them. But still thinking. So what do you think guys, Christmas or b-day

2. Greendalehumans

I'm not sure you should do it in such a dramatic way unless you know that they'll take the news well. Maybe you should take a regular old day and tell them that you need to talk to them? I think it's great that you've decided to come out; I just don't know if telling them on a holiday (especially if its during a party or something) is a good idea. If you have to do it on one of those days, I'd say birthday. Good luck on coming out, though!

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Well, I think it depends all on how ready you feel to come out to your family. I would suggest and depending on what you feel in terms of how they could react or what they might say, not to come out over Christmas or on your birthday.

Holidays or special days can sometimes become quite hectic and stressful. Your parents and/or family members might not have enough time to just take a break from what they were doing and listen to what you have to say.

I think the first question you need to answer is: are they going to be supportive?

4. MatthewJS

I think they will be supportive because my sister is bi (now straight) but they expect me to have kids. When i was younger, before i found i was gay, i ask mom or dad if they would still love me if i was gay, their respond "Yes", "Of course", i asked why "Because you are my son." But i want to do it on christmas or b-day so i can have the best present.