1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i tell him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TeePee, Nov 10, 2012.

1. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello.
    I'm sure you've heard this a gazillion times but here goes.
    I've known him for about 3 months, he's your typical manly man, macho guy. We are not really close, we speak occasionally. He's friends with my lesbian friend who knows i've got a thing for him. The thing is, he doesn't really know that SHE is a lesbian. I'm not sure how he feels about homosexuality or if he is straight himself. My questions are
    1. How do i find out if he's straight or not without raising suspicion
    2. How do i tell him that i like him without sounding like i expect something from him.
    Please help, i've tried to ignore it but i reaaaaally like him and the fact that i see him almost everyday isn't helping.

2. Keelin

1. Ask him who he's dated before, casually. If says no one, or lists off a bunch of Girls, I'd say don't even try because:

2) 90% of the time, the guy will be straight. Keep in mind that lgbt is still a minority, so the chances of him being gay are slim.

3. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Keelin. One of his friends gave a not-so-long list of girls he's dated. He just keeps to himself so much that its hard to figure him out.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there!

Another way you could start talking with him, is perhaps asking a mutual friend to do something together. That would give you an additional opportunity to talk with him.

Given that you have already spoken with him occasionally, you could also try talking with him some more, and continue building on what you talked about before.

At some point, you will get some clarification on your questions. If your crush on him is strong or you find yourself thinking about him a lot, it could be hard to keep talking with him. At the same time, given that you don't know as to how he might even react or what his views are on homosexuality, continuing to speak with him, is perhaps your best option at the moment.

5. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We actually have 2 mutual friends. I will try that. Thanks Mirko.