1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some advise?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jacek, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Jacek

I've met this guy a couple of times (which might have been dates I really don't know :confused: ), and it was going okay but I was really shy and not acting quite like myself...and today he said that he seen us more as friends...I do like him, so I'm considering asking him on date (has like a to see if theres anything there date and I know I could be more myself on it cause I'm more comfortable now around him-haha). I don't want to lose him has a friend though which is where my problem comes in.

Should I ask him out knowing I might be rejected and may loss a potential friend, or ask him out and at the very least not regretting not asking him?

Thanks for your help in advance! :icon_bigg

EDIT:I meant to put advice in the title -_-

#1 Jacek, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  2. Amicus

EDIT: Woops, I misread the part about the friends. I thought you said he saw you as more than friends. If he says he only sees you as a friend, that probably indicates he doesn't want to take things further. Feel free to ask him if you want to be sure, but don't push on him too hard.

FURTHER EDIT: Just to clarify, is this someone you don't know very well and they think you're friends after meeting for a few times, or is this someone you know somewhat well who says they see you as just a friend? If it's the first case, then by all means ask him! Feel free to ask him if it's the second case too, just so that you have a definitive yes or no answer.

#2 Amicus, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  3. Romi

So guess what. I suggest that you go in there full speed ahead and ask him out on a date if you feel that's what you have to do. Obviously don't be super pushy with the whole "date" thing, though, considering he's already mentioned seeing you as just a friend.

Dates don't have to be romantic. They can be fun things that friends do. And if you think you'll be able to act more natural around him now, then it might be good to have that second chance to spend some one-on-one time with him. Who knows...he might like what he sees this time around. No guarantee, but it's worth a shot.

And hey, you shouldn't be worried about losing his friendship in the case it goes sour. If he gets upset over you asking him out then he wasn't really a friend worth having. Savvy?

Last thing:

Welcome to EC! I noticed this was your first post!

4. Jacek

Thank you for the advice and the kind welcome:slight_smile: I think I'll call and ask him later today...I'll let you know how it goes:slight_smile: