1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dying hair?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jinkies, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, I wasn't sure whether I should have posted this here or in the health subforum.

Okay, this might seem shallow, but hear me out on this. I want to dye part of my hair. Basically, I want to make my actual self look like my avatar. It's a persona I've kinda found, and I actually want to present that. Part of it's an experiment, so if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.

But has anyone else here done this? Any tips? Advice?

My hair is naturally brown, and I got the extreme blonde box, since I saw the "before" and "after" pictures on the side, and decided on that box from that information.

But, yeah... any advice before I go into doing this?

2. Zuuki

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My hair is naturally light coffee brown, but I got red-blonde highlights last year for Christmas.
    There's not much you need to know, because hair dying isn't really half as big of a deal as some people make it out to be. Just be very specific with what you want, and think over whatever you choose. You might want to experiment with some temporary or semi-permanent dyes first. Some things that you think look good don't always turn out well when you actually apply them.
    Have fun and good luck!

3. Fire2free

Fire2free Guest

That sound cool I hope it goes well!

4. MichaelB

Be careful, it can seriously damage your hair.

I went from having semi thick hair to very thin hair through dying. I didn't have really, really thick hair, sort of the middle ground of both. Now I'm very much on the thin side of life.

I was extreme though, and for 2 years continually bleached/dyed my hair at least once a month (usually more. For about 6 months I bleached my hair once a week and changed the colour, from like red to blue to green to orange). But it can become abit of an obsession.

Plus going lighter is one of the most damaging things you can do to your hair... just sayin'.

#4 MichaelB, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  5. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree that it generally isn't as big of a deal as people seem to make it out to be.
    Hair grows back, so if you're adventurous it can be fun!

My advice is that if you don't like it in the end, make it work. I love all colors and styles so it can be done. Just work with it. :slight_smile: