1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've had crushes on guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Greendalehumans, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Greendalehumans

At least I think I may have.
    I'm not sure if they were actually crushes since I would sort of "choose" someone. I'd see if there were a couple of guys that were sort of cute and nice and then weigh the pros and cons of liking them before I decided on one to have a crush on.

Anways, I don't have any crushes on guys now and only seem to notice girls. I've always noticed girls, but now I only notice them.

Has anyone else ever had crushes on the opposite sex and then later realized they were gay?

2. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

No, I have just starting learning about crushing, actually. Too bad he turn out straight. :wink:

3. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I had a crush on a girl in high school, years before I even considered I'd want to be with another guy. I'm just gonna claim "I didn't know any better" at the time. :confused:

4. jargon

Hmm was this before you realized you liked girls? It kind of sounds like you were "choosing" a guy to like because you thought you were supposed to.

Or if you've alternated between liking guys and girls its possible there's something to it and you have some capacity to be into guys too. From your post it sounded more like the first guess though.

5. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

Haha I used to do this exact thing as a teenager.

It was on my checklist to appear more like a "normal teenage girl"- the popular pair of jeans, listening to popular music, "normal" interests like fashion, a boy "love interest". I'd pick a couple of boys out and REALLY THINK HARD about which one I liked....of course I wasnt really feeling anything :slight_smile:

I'd also read Seventeen and in those sections with the shirtless guys I'd scrutinize each one and try to figure out which one was the most attractive from a purely aesthetic sense. Then I'd say to myself "that must be my type", hahahah.

I have really loved men romantically in my life though. But in order to have sex with them I would always think about hot women while we were doing it :rolle:

#5 tapsilog2012, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
  6. Greendalehumans

Yeah it was before I realized I liked girls. Well, a few years ago I started to think that I might have been bisexual (because being full on gay was just scary) but I got scared and started convincing myself I was straight. I actually had to say to myself pretty much every day "that girls cute! But I'm straight. Of course I'm straight."