1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so lost

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justgowithit, Nov 11, 2012.

1. justgowithit

I really have no idea what my orientation is. I'm so confused! I'm pretty young but I am sick of waiting and guessing. I want to know! I mean, there's gay and straight and this big grey area in between...and bisexual doesn't cover it. When I was young I had crushes on guys but that hasn't happened in two years....and I find women attractive, yet I've never had a crush on one. I want to try things to see what fits. But how do I kiss a girl without her freaking out and/or telling everybody? Ugh give me some advice!:confused:

2. FishMan27

Well, I know this probably isn't what you care to hear, but you shouldn't be in a huge hurry to put a label on yourself. You are what you are.

If you really want some way to help put you on the spectrum or straight vs. gay vs. bi, you could use what's called the Kinsey scale. Just google Kinsey scale test and you'll probably find a whole bunch of short quizzes that can give you a better idea as to which way you lean, etc. Just remember that you're young and you will probably discover a lot of things about yourself as far as who you're attracted to in the next few years.

Just try to keep in mind that your label doesn't define you. You define your label.

3. FunnyMonkey

If you really want to label on yourself right know use "other". I personally hate labels and don't use them. All I can say is follow your feelings and just go with it.

Does you school have a GSA ? if so you could meet a girl there.

And like FishMan27 use the "Kinsey scale" to give you an idea.