1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sometimes I wish i had a penis...I am confuse.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GabrielTai, Nov 12, 2012.

1. GabrielTai

Ok, so...I have a problem. Or maybe it isn't a problem, but I definitely need some advice.

My girlfriend and I have been together for a couple of months now. Not too long, and we're trying to let whatever develops happen at its own pace. We've both been burned before, and we're not looking to rush into anything. My lady loves to dance, and here is where I first discovered this issue Im having. When we go out dancing, she always does this thing where she drops down almost to the ground, looks up at me, then comes back up really slowly. And every time she does this, the only thing I can think is "while you're down there...oh wait. I don't have a penis." For some reason, I cant shake the thought that I wish I had one.

Now, im not a trans. I thought when I first realized that I liked women that I might be, because being a lesbian just didn't seem to add up in my head. But after talking with a lot of F-Ms and M-Fs, I realized that im just a girl who likes girls. I've always been with women. I've been in several long term committed relationships, been in love a couple of times, fooled around quite a bit, and I've never experienced this before. She prefers women, but she's been with a lot of guys too. Im really confused, and before I talk to her about it, I at least want to have some idea of what's going on in my head and try to figure out how to talk to her about it.

So, any thoughts? Am I crazy? If not, what do I do? How can I talk to her about it? Should I just try to forget about it? I dunno. Help me out peeps. I don't like keeping things from my lady, and I feel like that's what im doing.

2. PinkTractor

I don't have much experience here but I have to say you don't sound crazy. It sounds like you just wish you had twice the anatomical options you were born with, on occasion. Truly would be the best of both worlds!

3. J Snow

Well if the desire to have a penis is the only motivation you have about being male, and you don't have any other desire to be male, it doesn't sound like you are trans to me. Especially seeing as modern surgeries haven't really developed a way to make a proper functioning penis to my understanding, I don't see a lot of motivation to transition for you.

I do think you should discuss this with your partner. Have you ever used a strap on or something similar? If so how did that make you feel?

4. GabrielTai

I guess i I've never used a strap on before. We've talked about it, and we decided that it is something we would like to try. It seems like a good way for us to be physically/emotionally intimate. Im definitely not trans. I had talks with several of my friends years ago when I first came out and figured that out. My best friend is an F-M and he helped me figure that out. I suppose we'll just talk about it and see what happens. She's usually really good about talking with me about prett much everything. I dunno why I was even stressing out about it. Thank you for your advice :slight_smile: any other thoughts would be appreciated though, just curious as to some other people in similar situations or thoughts.

5. swimmingkevo

I have experienced something similar to this, though in reverse: I often can't escape the thought that I want a vagina. I'm very interested in hearing more responses.

#5 swimmingkevo, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  6. Kagulow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know what you are talking about. I am a very femme girl who likes femme's too but sometimes I just wish I had a penis. I had a dream I had one, and sometimes I grab my crotch like I have one lol. I can't see myself doing anything serious about it though but I would like to be able to try it out for sure! lol

7. TheSeeker

As a male, I understand... penises are fun! But I also get where I think you are coming from, too. I like guys, but I wish they had vaginas... Makes no sense right? But yeah, Making love via penetration and also face to face (without gymnastics) would be nice... There is also the inherently human trait of desiring what you don't have...

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd actually like for guys to have girls' butts. That is the point where I'd become totally gay.

9. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do exactly the same :lol: And though I'm not trans and do not wish to transition either, I just many times wish I was a male because it just seems like they have it so much easier when it comes to getting girls and just in general. They always seem so comfortable with themselves. Something I long for. But I think it's mostly penis envy than actually wanting to be male... So I'm definitely not trans.

10. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think this just roots from your desire to please your girl, maybe. Maybe subconciously, your concluding that your girlfriend needs a penis to be sexually satisfied, something that you do not have.

11. GabrielTai

Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and advice. I did talk to her about it, and we're both on the same page. Talking with her about it, we seem to understand it a bit more, and I think the biggest aspect is, like The Seeker said, being able to be face to face. Its a really intimate thing, and something that homosexual couples don't get without being contortionists or having extra equipment. Lol.

@Hard Candy: you make a good point. That probably does have something to do with it. I always want to please my lady, and perhaps somewhere in the back of my brain, that is a logical thought.

12. aeva

In addition to everything the previous posters have said, I know a lot of lesbians (myself including) also fantasize about being able to be inside of their girlfriends, and being able to have an easier obtained simultaneous orgasm.

13. DhammaGamer

What's wrong with imagining you have a penis? If it's fun and gets you off, then sounds like ur just kinda kinky :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Nothing wrong with that