1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There's this dilemma...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rebelaire15, Nov 12, 2012.

1. rebelaire15

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    To start this off, let me say that on Saturday's I work in the skyboxes at football games on home game Saturday's. Specifically speaking, I work for the athletic's director in his skybox. He has an assistant/intern that is always with him and comes to the skybox too! This is what this post is about! I'm not gonna give his name but let's just say his name is A.

A is amazingly cute and very attractive. His smile and his whole personality just gets to me. From the first time I met him at the first game till now, he's still one amazing guy. Here's the thing though: he's straight. It just hurts when you are gay or bi and there's always the straight guy that gets to you, but here goes some more info.

I know that he is straight because on the first game, he got a number from a girl in the skybox at the time. And then sometimes, he'll talk about some girls but other than that, he's always focused on the game, as well as me, or sometimes socializing around the box. But anyway, for a while now, I've been seeing him around campus more than I used to. He always calls my name when I don't see him, and when I do notice him, he smiles with the cutest smile ever that I love about him. Or if I see him first, I do the same and he does the same. We shake hands and talk for a little bit and that's about it.

On to the important part, well Saturday we had a home game after like 3 or 4 weeks of away games and a bye week. So as everybody was arriving to the box before kickoff, he walks in, puts his binder away in a drawer, then he spots me and this is what he says: "Hey Brandon! I couldn't wait to see you!" In my mind I'm like wait...what?! Because like, I'm thinking maybe he's just trying to be friendly like he always is but he has NEVER said that to me anytime we've ever been in that box. Do you know what that did to me inside?! Ughhh It made me feel totally awesome but it frustrated me because I know he's straight. Here's another thing that happened. Later on as the game progressed, after I got done socializing with someone in the box, I walked up to him to talk to him about what was going on in the game. Tell me why as I walked up to him, he WINKED at me and smiled and I'm like, WTF is going on here?! Is it just him and the way he is?? And so, once I think about it, I THINK he may have possibly winked at me again. I'm not sure if he did but the game was over and everyone left. He had to come back up because his boss had left his jacket in the closet in. He came and got it and we talked about the game for a bit. As he reached for his things in the drawer, he was joking about something and we laughed about it. It's almost like I remember him winking at me again that time but maybe that's just my imagination trying to trick me.

I told my roommate about it later because he's bi too and I knew he could give me insight on things. My roommate told me that he may not be that straight and that he may be interested in me. I then told my old RA because he's gay and I knew he could also give me insight on the situation too. He told me that he may not be straight also and he told me to keep doing what I'm doing just to see where it goes. So I'm getting the notion that I should just progress on being friendly and just being me and see where it goes with him.

I'm just unsure because him and I both checked out one of the girls in the box because she was hot and very beautiful. As far as I know, he doesn't even have a girlfriend though. We're friends on facebook. The only time we really talk is if we see each other on campus or see each other in the skybox which is when we really talk. Maybe that will change at the last game (maybe he'll give me his number so we can hangout).

So I'm wondering, is he just straight and being friendly with me? Is he straight, but curious and doesn't know how to approach me knowing that I also put up a front of also being straight? I would love some advice and insight from everyone that reads this if possible!

2. stumble along

out of the two options you have listed before, almost definitely the first one. the chances of the second one being true are so slim. but still, it could happen, so just keep being nice and become friends with him and come out to him and that places the ball in his court so if he is and wants to, he will.

3. BudderMC

Like stumble said, it's possible he's gay, but statistically speaking much more likely that he's straight and just overly friendly. I have a straight friend who would cuddle with me on occasion, and he just broke up with his long-time girlfriend. Just because something seems flirty doesn't mean it is, just like how any guy winking at any girl doesn't definitively mean he's interested in her in that way.

It sounds like you aren't out to him, so I'd say it's even less likely that he's winking out of interest, unless he has a wicked gaydar or something.

If you really want to see where he stands (or at least get a better idea), coming out to him is a good next step. It lets him know whose team you're playing for and gives him the opportunity to come out to you at some point afterwards.