1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to come out but don't know who to

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ND22, Nov 12, 2012.

1. ND22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey,

So basically I'm 16 and I've known I'm gay for about 2 years, I came out to my parents about 4 months ago and they were completely fine with it and supportive of me, but I kinda always knew they would be.

I want people at my college to know I'm gay, but the problem is I don't really have any people that I could consider friends anymore and therefore nobody to come out too. I had a best friend a few years ago who I was very close to and who I realise now I had intense feelings for, and also a strong circle of friends amongst him. Things kinda broke down between us, so I joined another friendship group who I hung out with a lot but wasn't as close to them. And I'm not really sure what happened, but things broke down with them leaving me pretty much friendless.

There's a girl in that group who I used to be really close to a few years ago, and I still talked to her quite a lot last year and on fb throughout the summer, and I just wondered if people think it would be a good idea to come out to her? and if so how should I do it? I have no doubt that my old group of friends wouldn't be accepting, and I might even join their friendship group again. However I just wanted to know what you think, and if anyone has any advice for me :grin:

2. Angelinthedust

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, if you have noone to come out to don't try to make a friend just to come out to.. that would end your friendship because you only wanted them to come out to most likely.. and, yes coming out to the girl would be a good idea!

3. ND22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you :slight_smile:

4. AAASAS

I`d tell your female friend. It can help you get a feel for what coming out is like. Maybe after that you will be more comfortable telling others.

Just maybe PM here on facebook, don`t write it on a wall or soemthing, that is too impersonal, and will be there for all to see.

5. Joey4

If you have no friends, then there really isn't anyone to come out to.

I hate the term closet, but I'll use it. When you're in it and there's people outside of it, you come out and explain why you've been in there so long. But if you don't have anyone outside of your closet, you can just walk out and be you and not have to explain anything to the world.

If I were you, I'd live life like I'd never been in there. If I meet new people and they care to know my disposition, I would tell them.

6. ND22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you :slight_smile:

7. ND22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well it was hard and it took me a while but I finally did it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: