1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell my boyfriend I'm a lesbian

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Isabelle, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Isabelle

My boyfriend has no idea I'm a lesbian. I not sure how to tell him. I don't want to hurt him or break his heart. This is all very hard for me. It was hard for me to accept the fact I was a lesbian. I just wanna tell but then I can't. Help how do I tell him

2. TheFirstStep

Wow. apparently there are quite a few people out there who are dealing with the same situation I am. I just came here a few days ago, hoping to find answers to my burning questions as to how I should go about breaking up with my girlfriend. And I found myself in a place filled with others who share my struggles and demons.

My heart goes out to you, it truely does, I know just how much of an internal battle it can be. But if it helps, there have been some outstanding posts made on the one thread I made somewhere around here. I can't give exact names and point out the more important posts, because I believe that they are all wonderful ideas and points that I intend to use and take advice from when the day comes that I feel ready to let her go and fnd someone she will be happy with. (that day is fast approaching. And I shiver in fear each time I think about it.)

Here's my thread:
    I'm gay, and my girlfriend doesn't know.

It should be relatively close to the beginning of the list of threads in the help and advice section.

You are not alone in this, we are here for you.

3. Isabelle

Thanks for your advice the first step

4. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

Hey I was in your situation a few months ago back in July. The words just kind of came out of my mouth one day.

We had been fighting a lot, day after day and one night I was afraid he was going to be violent so I hid in the apartment stairwell. I sat there for a while and looked at the rain falling on the skylight. Then it just hit me all of a sudden that I needed to tell him.

So I went back into the apartment and just pretty much told him.

He said "that explains a lot". It was actually very relieving.

I dont know enough about your situation so I cant say exactly how you should say it to him though.

#4 tapsilog2012, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012